Having terrible side effects from Ocrevus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having terrible side effects from Ocrevus

I'm having all kinds of fluids building up in my body after starting Ocrevus. It's very painful and hard to get around when my knee and foot got swollen. Went to doctor and he did all kinds of tests to try to find out what was causing this. We have ruled out alot of things but it's looking its because of the Ocrevus. I have only had two doses and at this point I will not take anymore.
    Anyone else having problems of joints swelling?

Hi emily06, I haven’t heard of this as a side effect. I’ve had 3 infusions so far with no issues.

I hope your joints improve.

Comment

Ocrevus side effects

Is joint swelling like that one of Ocrevus' listed side effects?

In the 3 infusions I've had I've had zero side effects. But I have an MS acquaintance who gets about every Ocrevus side effect in the book.

The reason I ask it being a listed side effect is that MSers can get knee/joint issues from MS forcing us to walk oddly. Though we're ambulatory, the odd way MS makes us walk impacts the knee/hip/ankle/whatever and can cause problems.

I know for myself I have to concentrate on symmetry while walking. People think I'm weird because I tell them that I cannot walk and talk or listen and walk because I have to put so much mental effort on keeping visual cues to maintain balance and enforce symmetry when I walk. If I don't do that, I can get corns/calluses on the bottom of my feet, the first sign that I'm walking bizarrely.
      59M / RRMS / Dx1987 / Ocrevus

Comment

Working...
      X