Severe thinning of optic nerve, normal MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe thinning of optic nerve, normal MRI

I am currently without a MS diagnosis. I had a normal MRI of the brain and orbits. My OCT scan showed severe thinning of the right optic nerve in several segments and mild thinning bilaterally in others.

My symptoms are dizziness, fatigue, brain fog, intermittent gait changes, tingling (like pins and needles) in my arms intermittently, and visual disturbances. I currently have a POTS diagnosis and get weekly infusions for hydration.

I dont know what to make of my OCT scan. The neuro expected it to be normal. I see ophthalmology next week and neuro next month.

Hi, Its nice to "meet you" I have never heard of thinning of the optic nerve, but it sounds like something that needs to be seriously investigated. I pray that there is something that can be done to fix it, or at least it will not progress and that you start to feel better soon.

Comment

Hi TheMImermaid and welcome! Don't think I can be of much help, but wanted to let you know I hope your Drs. get to the bottom of your symptoms.

I remember my elderly mom (now deceased) saying something about thinning of her optic nerve. She had glaucoma and took medicine for it.

Could some of your symptoms be the result of POTS?

Hope you get answers soon!
      Take care~
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X