Exercise check in 02/28/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise check in 02/28/2019

Sorry I'm so late at posting this. I've been really busy with out-of-town visitors. My daughter and her family were here from Canada. They just left this morning to head back home, so it's time to try to re-create normality again. Had an awesome time!

I'm not going to mess with reporting our successes this week. I expect to get back to that next week; I plan to post again on Thursday, as I usually have done.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

I didn't set goals for last week, because we had guests and I was busy. But, just glancing at my activity tracker, I'm pretty sure I had enough steps. I didn't do any structured exercise, but we went to the pool at the YMCA, I got up and walked a lot at a children's museum even though I used a W/C for parts of it, we went to the park, etc. I think I would have made both goals. Oh; and I did do PT exercises at home a few times to work on strengthening.

I'm also not setting goals for Thursday, because half the week was still unusual scheduling. But, I'll still report.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made one of two goals

I missed my yoga goal by one day as my return flight ended up getting me home too late for yoga. So:
      - 4 days of yoga (goal was 5 days)
      - 7,179 avg daily steps (goal was 6500 avg)
      - no runs — unless a rush to the airport gate counts 😉 (runs were bonus points)

Goals for this week:
      - 6 days of yoga
      - 6500 avg daily steps
      - runs are bonus

I hope everyone has a productive week!

Comment

I lost my notes of what I was able to accomplish that week, and since my memory is shot, I can't remember. I'll say I made a partial goal since that's par for my course lately.

My little granddaughter, who I help to babysit, has come down with a nasty cold/cough/inner ear infection and she decided to share it with me ... I feel horrible and so weak, so won't even try to make goals for this week.

Hope you all have a better week than I'm having!!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ You were very active last week - excellent!

MisterMan ~ You did a splendid job with accomplishing your goals!

I'm very thankful that I was able to accomplish my goals.

Daily: Up on feet and active 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches, done throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches, 2x a day @ 20 crunches each time

5X during the week: Walked with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

Walking for 30 min is a challenge most of the time, and yet I feel that it's very important to persist in the effort. The increased ab crunches are going real well.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I lost my notes of what I was able to accomplish that week, and since my memory is shot, I can't remember. I'll say I made a partial goal since that's par for my course lately.

My little granddaughter, who I help to babysit, has come down with a nasty cold/cough/inner ear infection and she decided to share it with me ... I feel horrible and so weak, so won't even try to make goals for this week.

Hope you all have a better week than I'm having!!
            Seasha ~ Sorry to learn that you are sick and feeling so horrible and weak.

Please take it easy and rest.

I know that my symptoms increase in severity when I get a virus, so take good care of yourself.
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Seasha ~ Sorry to learn that you are sick and feeling so horrible and weak.

Please take it easy and rest.

I know that my symptoms increase in severity when I get a virus, so take good care of yourself.
              Thanks KoKo - you are so right about symptoms increasing... I can hardly walk even with my walker!
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                Thanks KoKo - you are so right about symptoms increasing... I can hardly walk even with my walker!
                Oh, darn it! I know what you're dealing with, and it's awfully frustrating, kind of scary as well.

Hope you recover soon.

Comment

Working...
                X