Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BEEN A WHILE

HOWDY
    BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE HAD INTERNET SERVICE. SORRY.
    RETHA DOING AS WELL AS SHE CAN WHILE IN NURSING HOME.
    OUR OLDEST, GEORGE T, WORKING FULL TIME FOR ROCKLINE, THEY MAKE 'BABY WIPES' AS BEST I UNDERSTAND.
    I AM DOING FAIRLY WELL.
    HOWEVER, ON JANUARY 11, OUR YOUNGEST, JOHN ALLEN, SUFFERED A FATAL SEIZURE. THIS WAS RESULTS FROM A FALL FROM A TREE OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2005. JOHN HAD JUST TURNED 26 ON JANUARY 6.
    EVEN THRU ALL THIS, WE ARE DOING FAIRLY WELL NOW.
    HOPING CHAT ROOM IS BACK UP AN RUNNING SOON.
    LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK IN CHATROOM AND SHARING AGAIN.
    GEORGE T ELLIOTT, JR
    AKA GTEJrRetha

Glad that you made it back to the boards, I take off from time to time also. I'm sorry to learn of your son's death. Please take care of yourself..

Paula

Comment

Nice to meet you George, I’m newer here though dx in 2005.

I’m sorry about your son.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by GTEJrRetha View Post
        HOWDY
        BEEN A WHILE SINCE WE HAD INTERNET SERVICE. SORRY.
        RETHA DOING AS WELL AS SHE CAN WHILE IN NURSING HOME.
        OUR OLDEST, GEORGE T, WORKING FULL TIME FOR ROCKLINE, THEY MAKE 'BABY WIPES' AS BEST I UNDERSTAND.
        I AM DOING FAIRLY WELL.
        HOWEVER, ON JANUARY 11, OUR YOUNGEST, JOHN ALLEN, SUFFERED A FATAL SEIZURE. THIS WAS RESULTS FROM A FALL FROM A TREE OVER LABOR DAY WEEKEND 2005. JOHN HAD JUST TURNED 26 ON JANUARY 6.
        EVEN THRU ALL THIS, WE ARE DOING FAIRLY WELL NOW.
        HOPING CHAT ROOM IS BACK UP AN RUNNING SOON.
        LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK IN CHATROOM AND SHARING AGAIN.
        GEORGE T ELLIOTT, JR
        AKA GTEJrRetha
        Hi George ~

It's good to hear from you!

So sorry to learn about the loss of your son John Allen.

Hope you continue to share on the message boards, and let us know how you and Retha and family are doing.

Sounds like you miss the chat room, and are looking forward to the day that the upgrade is finished!

Thank you for checking in with us, George.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey GTE, glad you're back but sorry to hear about your son.

There's a temporary chat set up here that people wander through fairly often. Hope to see you there.

https://kiwiirc.com/client?settings=...5f06d7771b0f6b

Comment

Hi George,

First, I'd like to say that I am sorry that you loss your son. I'm sure that nothing prepares us for this type of loss, but I am glad that you guys are doing okay. Take care of yourself and reach out whenever you like. We are all here to support one another.

Comment

I, too, am very sorry for the loss of your son, George.

I remember you sharing many recipes here and thank you for that. I copied a few. Hope you can check in here as often as you want if you can't get into chat.

Take care~
              Last edited by Seasha; 03-03-2019, 09:15 PM.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome back, George. I'm also so sorry for your loss. A parent shouldn't have to list a child.

I see you used to post a lot of recipes. Do you enjoy cooking?
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome back and I'm also sorry for your loss. Please keep us posted when you can.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Welcome Back

Welcome back to MS World. My deepest sympathies on the loss of your son. My son works for a tech company in San Francisco and I often have trouble explaining what it is that he does. Others on this thread have mentioned that you have previously posted recipes. I love to cook and am always looking for something new.
                    Glad your internet connection is functional again and (once again) welcome back.

IRENE

Comment

Working...
                    X