Miserable feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miserable feeling

I am totally miserable,don’t want too get out of bed, because everything’s a challenge.Cant do much,just watch tv.Shower days are always exhausting.My question is this the norm?Ive got spms. I’ve had for years Dave

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
    I am totally miserable,don’t want too get out of bed, because everything’s a challenge.Cant do much,just watch tv.Shower days are always exhausting.My question is this the norm?Ive got spms. I’ve had for years Dave
    Hi Dave

Are you still able to do your PT exercises?

I remember you telling us how they made you feel a lot better.

Also, I wonder if you could be in a depression, and need to let your doctor know.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hello Koko,yes I’m still doing pt which helps.I need to see doctor soon.Thanks for responding.Dave

Comment

Hi Dave
        I've been SPMS for about the last 3 years. Diagnosed with RRMs about 7years ago. I have mostly walking issues so I use a rollator, some bladder and fatigue. Recently on disability. I'm not sure what is "normal", but I always want to get up in the morning and look forward to whatever the day might bring. Usually not much, but I'm always hopeful. You've been given some good advice. I love msworld!
        Paula

Comment

Lousy ms

Hi Dave,

Im sorry youve been feeling miserable. I understand your struggles. My bed is my happy place and prison all at the same time right now. Thats actually why Im on here today. Felt the need to connect with my fellow msers to find some understanding.

I try to make little goals for myself each day. Could be just showering or emptying the dishwasher. Reading helps me too or doing one thing I really enjoy that my energy allows. I hope you are feeling better soon and I wish you all the best.
          DX 2005 RRMS. Did 2nd round of Lemtrada Jan 2018. DX SPMS 2019

Comment

You are not alone! I totally get it. I am feeling a bit in a funk too. I am not totally depressed but mostly in a funk as I would call it.

For me it is layers of stuff, I know that, but I am frustrated that can’t seem to fix it. I am trying to accept that this is just the way I feel, and even though I feel it, it isn’t real.

For me it is the cold, snowy weather, less daylight, having to leave my job due to MS, loneliness of not working and being home so much by myself , not being able to do things because of fatigue and weakness, basically too many life changes in a short period of time. Praying for all of us with MS that a struggling right now will feel better soon. Hang in there Dave!! 🙏🏼

Comment

Yeah; I don't know what "normal" is either. Although those of us with MS definitely have a different normal than healthy folks, we likely vary so much, even from each other, that it's hard to define "normal" or to respond in a helpful way.

I'm glad you're still doing your PT. Also, eat a healthy diet, keep up your spirits, find people to enjoy some activities with when possible. even it it's just inviting one person over to watch a movie with you, put a puzzle together, or talk about a shared interest. I'm a big believer in "resiliency strategies". Google it; see if it gives you any ideas.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thanks for responding,yes it is very hard dealing with all this,plus I surrendered my drivers license.No freedom,but everyone’s safe I’m not on road.Dave

Comment

Dave, I am so sorry that you lost your DL. I can’t imagine how hard that is for you. Sending warm good thoughts your way!!

Comment

New normal

Hi Dave
                    I well understand you
                    I feel the same most of the times and that’s unlike me in the past
                    With MS we need to accept new normal which unfortunately wasn’t normal before 😡
                    As ms progress , more odd things become normal, new normal.
                    Good luck. Wish you the best.

Comment

Working...
                    X