Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/28/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/28/19

Hi everyone. I got up this morning thinking it was a day earlier. It is a good thing I learned otherwise or this post would be quite late. It is a miracle I weighed which I did on a whim even though I thought it was the day before I weigh in. Easter will be here before we know it. Let’s keep up momentum in losing those ugly pounds or maintaining for those who are at their ideal weight or almost there.

I can scarcely believe it. I lost three pounds and weigh 126.5. I know some of my loss is a loss in fluid, but I’ll take what I can get. I’ll try for another pound this week.

Agate, congratulations on your loss. To have lost two pounds following a very long time staying the same is awesome. Rejoice.

Mamabug, so sorry to miss you this week and hope all is well.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you too. I hope you have not had a relapse of your illness.

Msgijo, sorry you had a gain but glad you remain at a good weight. It is virtually impossible to stay at one weight. Some fluctuation is normal. Agate, who stays the same week after week is the exception rather than the rule. Keep up your positive attitude.

Daisycat, I am so sorry to hear of the anniversary of the loss of your friend. That is no doubt a difficult time for you. Congratulations on your one pound loss. I must say though you are at a very low weight. Does your doctor approve? I would hate to see you get too low.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Lose It Today, Keep It Off Tomorrow

Be patient. While cultivating that virtue isn't exactly painless, it may help to know that keeping weight off generally gets easier over time.

That's the result of a study published in Obesity Research, where researchers found that for people who had lost at least 30 pounds -- and kept it off for at least two years -- maintaining that weight loss required less effort as time went on.

This is a good thing to know as one approaches one’s goal or is already there.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2 pounds by one member. Congratulations to the one who is the champion of staying the same. It is proof that it can be done.

Total Gain:

3.3 pounds by two members. Everybody falls occasionally. We must not fall into despair. Remember tomorrow is truly another day.

Stayed The Same:

1 member As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4197.3 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Karen, I am happy to hear from you as well, and happy that your weight is moving back in the range you are hoping for.

Also, thank you for your concern--all is well, I am just still so swamped at work and frustrated and overwhelmed, but I'm slogging through it all the best I can. My girls have been taking turns getting sick--my oldest had a fever 2 weeks ago and had to leave school early on Thursday and then had to stay home on Friday--that was helpful to me too since I was also sick. This last Thursday, I got the call that my youngest was throwing up, so she was home on Friday as well, but because of my workload, my husband stayed home with her. THEN, this morning, my oldest again was complaining that her tummy was upset, but after assessing her, I shipped her off to school. I am expecting a call from the school anytime now, because of this pattern--of getting a call from school on Thursday and having to stay home on Friday! I hope I'm wrong!! I myself still have some congestion, but seem to be over the worst of whatever it was that I had!

Weight wise, because of everything happening lately, I have not had a chance to weigh myself. I'll try to check in tomorrow or sometime next week, but I wanted to pop in and let you know that all is well with me! Thank you for your concern though, I really appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post

Daisycat, I am so sorry to hear of the anniversary of the loss of your friend. That is no doubt a difficult time for you. Congratulations on your one pound loss. I must say though you are at a very low weight. Does your doctor approve? I would hate to see you get too low.

Thank you. That means a lot to me. For the most part I have accepted what happened but around the date is always rough. I saw my PCP about a week ago to get some meds refilled and he didn't say anything about it. I don't plan to lose any more , but since I am so strict with my diet it is kind of hard. This morning I was at 97 and am thinking I am going to stay around there. My goal now is to get more muscle. So hopefully that can happen. (starting tomorrow) Taking today off from everything and just binge watching netflix.

Comment

I've been AFK (away from keyboard) most of the past week and a half. My daughter and her family were visiting. Was busy with lovin' and huggin' and playin' and snugglin' with grandchildren (M will be 3 in May; L is 16 months old). Busy with cooking for a full house. Thankfully, although the bulk fell to me, I had some help with that. And, busy with cramming lots of additional activities outside the house together with them.

I didn't keep track of weight while they were here. I'll try to post something current on Thursday on next weeks' thread.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Well, I've gained back the 2 lbs. I lost. Back at 115. It was nice to be at 113 but apparently not nice enough to keep me from snacking on more than I was entitled to snack on.
          MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been checking in........

I am down to 140. I attribute this to all the walking I have been doing. I am trying to improve my eating. Sorry I have not been here to contribute/champion others. This was a tough journey. I made a lot of progress in 2018. Hoping for another surge of success in 2019.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
            X