No announcement yet.

Being called a "Survivor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite simply ~ I am both a survivor and a Warrior.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Survivor

Originally posted by Jennaly16 View Post
      Good morning!
      I've thought a lot of about this (probably more than i should) but i figured i'd throw it out there and see what others think. And it's ok to tell me maybe i have too much time on my hands

The term Survivor to me implies someone who survived something. Beat something. Overcame something. Cancer, accident, horrendous upbringing, a situation that should have left you dead.
      So when i google MS and i see the term "survivor" like on clothing or items it makes me feel some sort of way other than a survivor. I think i'm surviving but i'm not a survivor. I haven't beaten it, i wasn't cured from it, it's not behind me. At the same time i'm not in a bad place that i feel i have it worse than someone else may have it from examples above. Not ideal to have MS and there are days i get down about it but for the most part it's manageable.

Thoughts? Are we "survivors" and i don't give myself credit? I like the term Warrior. Makes me feel like i'm ready for the fight.
      I love how you explained our reality. I wasn’t too keen on being called survivor either. You obviously have a few MSers who agree.

I think we should dump “survivor” and think of something more accurate. They say breast cancer even after they are dead), incest survivors, rape survivors...None of those rings true. Holocost survivor yes.

It would be fun to brainstorm. When I think of our lives I think of a person disguised as something as sub human, misunderstood, former person? It would be an understatement to say I am stronger. No one can push me around. No one can tell me how bad I am because I didn’t do that trivial thing they want me to do. Being stripped of all worldly things makes me see through all the superficial stuff that goes on. My mind is singularly focused on what is important in life. It’s been really liberating. Since I can’t comply with the norms of any society, I just observe them from afar.

Warrior? I like it. Here’s one: astronaut. I’m floating in outer space looking down at all those humans on earth like ants running around doing what they have been programmed to do. (If it sounds like I’m losing it , let me know ha, ha)

So I am an astronaut living in place somewhere between earth and heaven. I don’t fear death. I don’t fear life. It’s not bad here but I can’t go back down and drive my car fast on the freeway, rush through the checkout line, make lists...

FLYERS? Gliders?

Comment

Working...
      X