Donut Seat Cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donut Seat Cushion

Anyone recommend a good donut shaped seat cushion? I'm stuck sitting in my wheelchair all the time and my butt hurts, in particular my tailbone hurts. Any suggestions?
    Be Well,

Dx 1995 as RRMS, 2003 SPMS Rx: Gabapentin, Baclofen, Wellbutrin, Clonazepam

Seat cushion

Hello,My wife got me a thick seat cushion for my chair.She got it at Sams,it’s about 3” thick.It says Extreme Comfort.Maybe have a website.It is very comfortable.Good luck

Comment

Hello, I've learned over the past few months that a doughnut cushion is not recommended, you want to get a waffle cushion. I also have a sore tailbone and use the waffle cushion when I sleep and additionally my doctor recommended a bandage to keep it covered/protected. I believe it's called Mepilex.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelea View Post
        Anyone recommend a good donut shaped seat cushion? I'm stuck sitting in my wheelchair all the time and my butt hurts, in particular my tailbone hurts. Any suggestions?
        Angelea

I'm sorry that you are stuck sitting all the time, and that you have a hurting butt and tailbone problem.

I have tailbone soreness also from sitting, even for short periods of time. Fortunately I'm able to get up and move around throughout the day. I'm very thankful for that.

It doesn't take long at all for the skin around my tailbone to start breaking down, as the same area had a previous pressure sore.

I've been looking at the donut cushions. I have spent a lot of money on various cushions such as eggcrate, thick foam, liquid cell, coccyx cushion, etc. Haven't tried the waffle cushion yet, as mentioned by bluegiraffe.

I have come to the conclusion that as long as my tailbone is pressed against anything while I sit (or lay), it is going to get sore.

It seems that a donut cushion hole would keep the tailbone from any pressure at all.

I'll let you know if I get one, and if it helps.

Hope you find something soon that will help, Angelea.

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Gel cushion

I use 3” gel cushion purchased it on Amazon
          It can be used on wheelchair , scooter or regular chair
          I love it, has helped me a lot.

Comment

I fell on my tailbone several years ago and it's bothered me ever since when I sit for long periods of time. I found a U shaped cushion specifically for tailbone pain on Amazon. If you search coccyx cushions (or even tailbone cushions) you should have a wide variety to search from.

It basically has a cut out for your tailbone so there is no pressure on it. I have one for my office chair at work where I spend 8 hours sitting every day. It's been amazing and if I go to conferences or anywhere else where I know I'll be sitting in a chair for longer than 2 hours, it comes with me!

I hope you are able to find some relief--it's literally a pain in the...!

Comment

Working...
            X