Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/21/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/21/19

Sorry I'm late getting this up early this a.m.

Hi everyone. I have had a full week with relatives visiting–fun but draining, and fattening! I must get a grip this week. We went to a restaurant, the name of which I forget. There is no entre menu. They just keep bringing skewers of various cuts of meat and several kinds of fish. Patrons can select all if they wish. It is hours of choices of meat and fish. Dessert is by menu and of course I could not resist cheesecake which was very good. There is also a fantastic salad bar. It is quite expensive but worth it. I don’t plan on going back there for a very long time. My waistline cannot afford it. LOL

I have gained 1.5 pounds in the past two weeks. I am glad I could get on the scale this week. I needed to see the sad truth. I now weigh 129.5 pounds. Disgraceful! I am determined to see the scale go down this week!.

Agate, so happy for you that you are holding your own. I am sure the old scale will show a loss before long. I’m glad you can acknowledge your success over the years. Thank you so much for your good well wishes.

Mamabug, That’s great that you stayed in maintenance. Your .2 pounds is not worth mentioning. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, that’s a great loss but I’m so sorry you were sick and hope you are feeling better. Thank you so much for the get well wishes. Fortunately I am feeling better and hope I stay that way. I do hope you continue losing along with feeling better.

Msgijo, happy anniversary and congratulations on your weight loss as well. Sorry your thyroid is still acting up and hope you will be better soon.

Daisycat, so sorry to miss you again this week. I hope we haven’t lost you.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Per 10 Easy Ways To Lose Weight

Trade your power mower for a push version.
    Park your car at the back of the lot.
    Get out of the office building and enjoy walking meetings.
    Sweep the drive or rake the leaves instead of using a leaf-blower.
    Get off the bus a few stops earlier.
    Hike the mall, being sure to hit all the levels.
    Take the stairs every chance you get.
    Crank the music and get your heart rate up the next time you mop or vacuum.

It all adds up. If you walk twice a day for 10 minutes and try a few of these tips, you may find yourself with a low-impact, 30-minute workout easily tucked under your belt.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

3.8 by two members. Congratulations to you two. You are our prime examples for the week. May we all follow your lead.

Total Gain:

1.7 pounds by two members. Yours truly counts for most of it! I will try to set a good example this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Karen things are going ok health wise. This is just a rough month for me (anniversary of best friends death) so I’ve been taking a break from everything.

I dont remember what I weighed at my last post but I think I’m about the same.

was 97.0 this morning 98 the day before but I saw my pcp Monday for med refill and he didn’t say anything about gaining weight.

And ive heard about that place. My bf went to something like that a few weeks ago. It sounded like I would die if I went there but also sounds delicious.

Hope all is well

Comment

Karen - it is good that you are able to get out now days . The restaurant that you went to sounds interesting, but I am not sure that it is a place that I would go to often - I eat meat and fish, but prefer to have loads of vegs to go with the entrees. You DID say that they had a fantastic salad bar, so that may have been a 'saving grace' for me . Sorry to hear about the gain.

Daisycat - You are doing a GREAT on your weight ! Keep on with whatever is working for you.

I gained 1.8 pounds . I am still at a 'good' weight, but frustrated that I cannot get to a weight (any weight) and stay there!

2/14 116.8 (BMI 20.0)
      2/21 118.6 (BMI 20.4)

Comment

I was about to come in here and brag about losing a pound this week yesterday, and then this morning it turned out that I've lost 2 pounds!

I'm now at 113, down from 115.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X