Thanks for replies on can't cope with being alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for replies on can't cope with being alone

Thank you to everyone who replied to my thread. I was asked for updates. I told someone how I was feeling when I went to the hospital for another matter after I wrote the thread. Because of it I ended up in a mental hospital that was horrible. I had to go to the one that the insurance would cover. This hospital was bad and I feel like I came home worse than I went in. Then I came home to a mailbox full of bills I can not pay. So much for opening up to someone. I get no support from family. I get comments like we all get depressed and you should have kept it to yourself. Oh well, what do you do.

Hi marietta,

I'm so very sorry that things have been horrible and it seems like you can't get a break. I feel bad for you. Please re-read what KoKo wrote in your last thread:

Please don't give up. There is help available.

The National MS Society can guide you to resources in your area that may help with some of your issues.

They have a personal advocate program that you may qualify for:

Through the Edward M. Dowd Personal Advocate Program, people living with MS are connected to intensive case management services when the scope of need is complex and support systems are lacking. The trained case management professionals who understand MS can help find impactful, sustainable solutions and connections.

As a result, people affected by MS:

Can rely on a supportive partner and have the best information to make life choices

Can powerfully advocate for what they need, when, and how they need it

Have expanded healthcare solution choices

Have hope and optimism for the future by being equipped with what they need to navigate the challenges of MS

Individuals who may benefit from the Edward M. Dowd Personal Advocate Program are identified through connection with an MS Navigator by calling 1-800-344-4867 or ContactUsNMSS@nmss.org.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Re...vocate-Program
    So, I'm reiterating what she said to not give up as there is help available! It's only a phone call or email away. You have nothing to lose and much to gain!

Please take care of yourself!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I just investigated the Dowd Advocacy program on the National MS Society website. It does sound like a very useful idea for someone in an extreme situation. However, I would suggest calling the telephone number (which I did not do) rather than trying to connect through the website. The path there is so circular, and I found it daunting. I believe a MSer with a tangled need would be frustrated.

Good work, though, finding the resource.
      Stay lifted,
      Mermaid Susan
      "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
      X