Two Popular Eating Plans with References

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Yes. Dairy and wheat. Sugar is often part of ice cream, or cookies. Without dairy and wheat, those food items are already ruled out.
    Nods. You wrote about occasionally having corn fed meat. I very occasionally visit the vegan “ice cream” aisle. Maybe “moderation” is key in the longterm, as long as we are honest about it.
    All the best, ~G

Comment

Originally posted by gargantua View Post
      I very occasionally visit the vegan “ice cream” aisle. Maybe “moderation” is key in the longterm, as long as we are honest about it.
      I've done that occasionally too. But it's not dairy; it's coconut milk. It's cheating a little on sugar (only has 4 grams per serving), but not on dairy or wheat. I'm careful about those.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        I've done that occasionally too. But it's not dairy; it's coconut milk. It's cheating a little on sugar (only has 4 grams per serving), but not on dairy or wheat. I'm careful about those.
        Yes, nut milks are such a comfort now that they are used in many foods. After my last flare I quit dairy and sugar. Three of my conventional doctors, after I was diagnosed, said sugar is very bad for us especially in refined forms. That was the only thing they all seemed willing to say with conviction, regarding food. I've since read sugar from fruit is different, because it's accompanied by fiber. So whole fruits don't always spike your glucose like cookies or candy.

I still like to have chocolate, but like you if I'm having dessert I try to keep it under about 8 grams of sugar and ideally not every day. Moderation isn't really that hard.
        All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
        X