6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 did not make goals
    Other:
    3 made partial goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Thurs - 2530 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Center
    Fri - 1947 steps
    Sat - 1734 steps; PT at home
    Sun - 3178 steps
    Mon - 2079 steps
    Tues - 2807 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Center
    Wed - 2429 steps; Chair Yoga at YMCA

Total steps = 16,704 steps. Average: 2386 steps per day
    Total exercise = 4 days

I'm modifying my exercise goals slightly. My exercise has mostly been focused on cardio (and sometimes yoga once). I want to also include strength training in it more frequently; PT would count for that. My left leg (quads, I think) is weaker than my right leg. I'd like to add strength to that and just build a little muscle, in general.

I recently started seeing a natural health consultant -- mostly because the initial consultation was free. I decided to sign up for her six-session follow-up because the price is very reasonable. At the initial one-on-one meeting, she measured my weight, body fat percentage, body water percentage, muscle mass, daily caloric intake, metabolic age, bone mass and visceral fat. So, 'll be able to track all of those things, including my muscle mass. So, I'll be able to know if including PT more regularly in my exercise routines is increasing my muscle mass. I think that the input that she gives will be a good supplement to what I'm doing with Dr. G / functional medicine.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    3. Include some strength training on some of my exercise days.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Way to go, Mamabug!!

Well, I didn't make my goal and honestly, didn't try. I have spent most of the week getting paperwork together for taxes and also for updating our will (has been 10 years from the first one) along with sorting and shredding old paperwork. Let's say I got my mental/cognitive exercises with all the details

It snowed almost 2 feet in a few days and couldn't even drive out of our long driveway, so it was a perfect opportunity for staying indoors and getting this all done!

Hope for a better next week.
      Keep it going, exercisers!
      Happy Valentine's day
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Nice job Mama and Seasha. Sometimes you have to priortize the BS to keep life going. Next week will be better.

I missed my goals big time but I caught the Flu, strain A. I was out of commision for a few days.

Thursday- 8760 steps, AM Weight training
        Friday- 21383 Steps, AM weight training- Ran 4.06 miles
        Saturday- 7089 steps
        Sunday- 11101 steps- Ran 5.21 miles- started running fever this afternoon
        Monday- 4949- In the bed most of the day
        Tuesday- 2472- In bed most of the day
        Wednesday- 4786- back to work.

Didn't train Jiu Jitsu, didn't get any yoga in (that I can remember anyway), got average steps goal of >7.5k with 8648 avg steps.This week will be better, made it to the gym this morning but I'm not feeling ready to run just yet. We'll see what happens. I'm going to keep my goals the same for next week.

Keep it going.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made partial goals

Mamabug, great week! Good idea to bring in strength training, I have to figure out how to work that back into my regimen.

Boudreaux & Seasha, sorry you each had curveballs thrown at your exercise goals this week. Hoping for a better week for you.

I only made my yoga goal. My steps @ 6,401 avg were just below goal, and I had no runs as work and the weather threw me off target.

My goals for next week:
          - yoga 7 days
          - steps avg lower @ 6,000 (weather isn’t getting any better this week)
          - any runs are bonus

Have a great week!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

I was able to make goals, thankfully.

Daily: Up on feet (with rollator) doing various activities, 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day, everyday + In-chair ab crunches, 20 per day

5X a week: Walked (with rollator) 5X during the week @ 30 min each.

Walking was slow as molasses this week! Better slow than not at all, I say.

Wishing everyone good health, good energy, and perseverance.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Latest Goals: 5K steps on at least 6 days a week and keep the average goal of 6K steps/day.

I made both goals . I made over 5K steps every day and averaged 6033 steps/day. I will keep these same goals for next week.

Even with the lower goals I may not have made them if somebody had not messed up and scheduled my volunteer work a week early this month, so I had to kick it in gear to get ready for this Saturday .

Mamabug and KoKo - AWESOME week ! Keep it going .

MisterMan, Boudreaux and Seasha - sorry to hear that circumstances prevented you from reaching your goals, but it sounds like you all did the best that you could to continue on with them "in spite of". I hope that next week is much better for you .

Comment

Working...
              X