7 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 did not make goals
    Other:
    3 made partial goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goals

Hi everyone,

Made all my goals last week:
    - 7 days of yoga (goal was 7 days)
    - 7,898 avg steps (goal was 6.5k steps avg)
    - ran 2 miles on Sunday morning (goal was 1 run)

My goals for this next week:
    - daily yoga
    - 6.5k avg daily steps
    - run 2x

Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Great job MisterMan! I should do a little of yoga each day too, but I don't everyday.

I made a partial goal with yoga, grocery shopping, babysitting twice, housework. But, I didn't even get one walk in. Weather has changed - snow, ice and cold temps. I won't venture out to walk even with trekking poles. We're also going to get more snow in the next couple of days.

Will try again for one walk sometime in the next week. It's questionable tho.

Hope all have a great week ahead!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

MisterMan ~ Excellent! Nice workout routine.

Seasha ~ The partial goals still kept your body moving (even though the weather didn't cooperate for your walks)!

I made goals, although they were quite challenging. I wonder if the drastic up and down temperature changes during the week played a part?

Daily: Up on feet (with rollator) doing chores, etc. 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches @ 20 per day

5X per week: Walked with rollator 5X @ 30 min each

Keeping same goals.

Wishing good energy, peace, and perseverance to all.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Solid work guys....I made partial goals.

My goals for last week were:
          Average 10k steps a day: missed, averaged 6745
          Run 20 Miles: Missed by a long shot- Got 6.59
          4 days in the Gym: Got 5
          Train Jiu Jitsu 1 night a week: Got it.

I also did Yoga a few times but i can't remember which nights....I need to start writing things down. I used to do a fair amount of walking in the morning before work which is now spent in the gym so maybe I need to check my step goal a little bit. I put this 20 mile goal on my back but only because I knew it was attainable physically and took no consideration into my available time. I'll back down a little bit on that one as well.

Next weeks goals are:
          6.5K steps average
          Run 10 miles
          4 days in the gym
          1 night of Jiu Jitsu
          2 sessions of Yoga

Keep it going.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Did not make goals

Thurs - 1570 steps
            Fri - 1597 steps
            Sat - 1943 steps
            Sun - 1670 steps
            Mon - 1342 steps
            Tues - 2207 steps
            Wed - 2125 steps

Total steps = 10,784 steps. Average: 1541 steps per day
            Total exercise = 0 days

I didn't quite make goals. Cold weather. Wasn't motivated to leave the house. I have no excuse, though, for not choosing to do things at home. I'm so tired of this cold weather.

Goals:
            1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
            2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
              I put this 20 mile goal on my back but only because I knew it was attainable physically and took no consideration into my available time. I'll back down a little bit on that one as well.
              Boudreaux ~ I remember well how difficult it was finding time to exercise (the way that I wanted to) while having a job and other responsibilities. Time was at a premium.

Good for you that you made partial goals anyways!
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug ~ You were able to get a good amount of steps in, even though you didn't feel motivated.

Next week will be better for you.

Comment

Goals: at least 6K steps on at least 6 of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps/day.

Partial goal met .

I walked over 6000 steps on only 5 days, but managed average 6975 steps/day.

I have not felt motivated at all this week. I am guessing that it has a lot to do with low Thyroid levels. I have decided to go back to my older goal of 5K steps on at least 6 days a week, but will keep the average goal of 6K steps/day.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                    Goals: at least 6K steps on at least 6 of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps/day.

Partial goal met .

I walked over 6000 steps on only 5 days, but managed average 6975 steps/day.

I have not felt motivated at all this week. I am guessing that it has a lot to do with low Thyroid levels. I have decided to go back to my older goal of 5K steps on at least 6 days a week, but will keep the average goal of 6K steps/day.
                    msgijo ~ I'm sorry that you haven't been feeling well.

It must be extra difficult and frustrating for you, as you are a very active person on a daily basis. You were able to make your average daily step goals, so that's a plus.

I hope that you are feeling better soon, and back to being able to accomplish all of your activities.

Comment

Working...
                    X