Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/7/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 2/7/19

Hi everyone. Well, we made it through January. Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow suggesting that we will have an early Spring. I sure hope that is true. For sure we are on our way to shed Winter doldrums. It is a good time to assess the past year and to plan for the near future. How wonderful to see three of our members in maintenance mode. I am sad to think I was there for a long time but have gained shamefully. I hope no one follows me down this path. I hope you all maintain vigilance. It is time to guard against triggers that can cause one to backslide. I know that all too well. I am hoping the best for the three of you as well as the ones who continue to struggle to reach that magical point of success.

I gained a pound this week and am again totally disgusted with myself. I now weigh 128 and am very disappointed with myself. Once again, I really did not think I had gained. I am going to do my best once more this week to lose a whole pound.

Agate, excellent. Continuing not to regain is true success. Here’s wishing you the weight you most want to be.

Mamabug, that’s wonderful that you remained in maintenance mode. That is a good idea you stated about wanting to lose more. I know you can do it!

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I truly wish you success.

Msgijo, good for you for remaining in an acceptable weight range. I’m glad to hear your thyroid levels are in an acceptable range. I wish the best for you with your thyroid function and your weight. Keep up the good work and thank you for your words of encouragement.

Daisycat, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is all right with you.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Get Involved

When your weight loss efforts lead to boredom or too much self-focus, get occupied with something else. "I eat more if I'm bored," says Virginias, "especially if I'm eating in front of the TV."

So take a break from the siren-call of the tube, and get occupied with things that have nothing to do with food.

For some, that might mean becoming involved with local politics, discovering yoga, or enjoying painting. Or maybe you want to help a child with a science project, repaint the bedroom, or take a class. The key: Have a life outside of weight loss.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

0 pounds. Definitely not our best week. May we all see ourselves in this column this coming week.

Total Gain:

2.2 pounds. This is definitely not one of our better weeks. May we all recover this coming week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4191.3 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Well, I'll get this out of the way. I am at 231.5, which is up .5 lb since I last reported here. I was actually thinking about it this morning, trying to figure out what has changed that I would've gained almost 10 lbs since the beginning of December! I know I didn't go THAT crazy with sweets or rich foods and the one thing I could think of, it was around that time that my hubby wanted to make the change from having salads at lunchtime to having them at dinner instead. I have not been able to wrap my head around this concept and as a result, I haven't had salads for a meal regularly since then. So I've essentially replaced a low-cal meal with a higher calorie meal.

I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out!!

I'm ditching his strategy and I will start bringing my salads to work again for lunch. He still wants to have lighter dinners (soups and salads) which I can do with him. But honestly, the heavier meal at lunch and the lighter meal at dinner just hasn't taken root with me (mainly because the girls don't eat salad, so I still have to make a dinner for them which I end up eating!)

Hopefully shifting back to that will help the scale go down again!

Life has been busy--for two weekends now we've gone to my in-laws and have begun work on cleaning out their basement. I have recruited the entire family--even my girls to help. We have made a lot of progress, especially once we got mom out of the "lets sell it, we could make money off that $1 lampshade/shirt/everything else in the basement item" to "donate it for someone else to use because we just need to get rid of all this stuff!"

There is still a LOT more to go through, but we made a serious dent last two weeks so we are certainly headed in the right direction. We're actually going over tomorrow evening to put all the stuff to donate out for pickup on Saturday so they don't have to. So, that's encouraging on the that front!

I ended up with a UTI last week which is now, thankfully, cleared up. I don't like to mess around with those, but waited a bit too long to get to the dr and so suffered a bit through the weekend. I also managed to do something to my foot/toe. It's not fractured and I've been to see 2 drs about it now--they both agree it's not tendon/ligament, but neither are sure what it is. (a lump at the bottom base of my toe and bruising on the sides of my toe) But I figure now that I've had both a podiatrist and an orthopedist tell me it's okay to walk on and carry on with my daily routines, it's nothing to worry about.

Work as always, is crazy, but overall going well. Speaking of which, I need to get to work!

Karen, sorry to hear that you're gaining still. I know it's been a little while since you've moved, but really, your whole routine has been up-ended, so give yourself a little grace as you continue to settle into a new household and new routine! I'm certain you'll find your balance again and find yourself back into maintenance mode!

Comment

Lost 0.2 lbs. Remained in maintenance goal.

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
      Mamabug, that’s wonderful that you remained in maintenance mode. That is a good idea you stated about wanting to lose more. I know you can do it!
      Thanks, Karen. But, I'm not sure that I'll get to my "wish" weight. I'm not a THM (Trim Healthy Mama) and I don't follow their program, but I do read some of their stuff. i thought this was helpful:
      Your Queen Weight

On Trim Healthy Mama, we are definitely not seeking skinny. You’ll want to find your healthy “Queen” weight. Please don’t punish your mind and body trying to return to your Princess weight when you were perhaps in high school, college, or in your twenties. You may have birthed babies, gone through hormonal passages, endured many challenging life events since then and there is a healthy weight for you that is not stuck somewhere in the past. It will be your healthy future and you will wear it with grace and class. Skinny doesn’t look or feel healthy as we age. We need healthy amounts of female fat layers for hormone support and so we don’t look gaunt and sickly. Healthy female curves are to be celebrated!

Love, Serene and Pearl.
      My princess weight was probably 95-110. My queen weight might be 116 - 127; and maybe in the mid-to-upper part of that range. And, that's OK.

My most recent goal weight was 121.0-122.8 lbs, which I met on 12/13/2018..
      My maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116.0 lbs-- BMI 21.0) (127.8 lb -- BMI 23.2)
      Where I'd currently like to be is at or below a BMI of 22.0 (weight <121.0).

Recent weights:
      01/31/18: 122.8 lbs (BMI 22.3)
      02/07/18: 122.6 lbs (BMI 22.2)

-------------------
      BMI calculator:
      https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug, I've read some of the THM books. I think that's a good piece of advice--we won't ever make it back to the bodies we had before kids, things have shifted a bit and changed. So I think the Princess and Queen weight is appropriate.

But I had to laugh--if I were to think of my weight in terms of royalty, right now, I'm at my Grand Dowager Empress weight! LOL!!

I can at least try to scale it back to queen!

Comment

I gained 2.8 pounds .

1/31 115.0 (BMI 19.7)
          2/7 117.8 (BMI 20.2)

I am still in 'normal' range so no complaints about the weight or BMI, but I have been feeling totally wore down all week. Adding the weight gain and the lack of energy/motivation, I am going to blame it on thyroids going too low.

It looks like I am going to have to keep the weight down the 'old fashioned' way - eat smarter .

Comment

Working...
          X