X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest MRI report.

MR Head wo Contrast
    MRI BRAIN WITHOUT CONTRAST

CLINICAL STATEMENT: Multiple sclerosis diagnosed in 2001. Dizziness and head pain.
    No brain surgery reported history of malignancy.

READING LOCATION: Cox South, 3801 S. National Avenue, Springfield, MO 65807

COMPARISON: Comparison is made to previous brain MRI dated April 11, 2014, and
    August 25, 2011.

TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MRI of the brain was performed without the
    administration of intravenous contrast.

FINDINGS:

There are no areas of restricted diffusion. Focus of susceptibility hypointensity in the
    right paramedian pons, stable. Previous brain MRI from August 25, 2011, shows faint
    corresponding enhancement.

Scattered periventricular and subcortical white matter T2 hyperintensities are
    nonspecific, but likely represent combination of chronic microvascular ischemic disease

and demyelination, in keeping with known diagnosis of multiple sclerosis. These are
    similar in distribution since prior MRI from 2014.

Stable appearance of the midline posterior cerebellum with with suggestion of mild
    encephalomalacia and marginal FLAIR hyperintensity/gliosis.

There is no acute infarction, acute hemorrhage, or or parenchymal masslike lesion on
    this noncontrast examination. No extra-axial blood or fluid collection is present.
    Ventricular size and configuration is appropriate for patient age. No hydrocephalus. No
    midline shift. Normal rounded morphology of the cerebellar tonsils. The
    cervicomedullary junction is preserved. No cerebellopontine angle masses. Gross
    normal flow voids are visualized within the major proximal large vessels of the anterior
    and posterior intracranial circulation.

No suspicion of a focally destructive osseous lesion. Leftward nasal septal deviation.
    Mastoid air cells are predominantly aerated. Orbits are within normal limits as are the
    soft tissues of the nasopharynx.

IMPRESSION:

1. No acute intracranial abnormality.

2. Supratentorial leukoariosis, likely combination of chronic microvascular ischemic
    disease and demyelination, given provided history of multiple sclerosis. These are
    similar in distribution since comparison MRI from 2014.

3. Small focus of magnetic susceptibility hypointensity in the right paramedian pons,
    stable. This may represent a capillary telangiectasia or cavernous malformation.

Electronically signed by: Dr Bryan Jeun 10/12/2018 10:33 AM
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I wish mine was that nice! I hadn't heard of leukoareiosis lesions but apparently they are not uncommon in our aging brains?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

That is a pretty specific MRI report for what they consider to be non-specific lesions.

My MRI’s are not that detailed. They pretty much say “There are dots on the frontal lobes.” Super helpful. Not.

So naturally I pop the disc in and take a look for myself. I’ve gotta stop doing that though because one day I may see something I can’t unsee!
      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
        That is a pretty specific MRI report for what they consider to be non-specific lesions.

My MRI’s are not that detailed. They pretty much say “There are dots on the frontal lobes.” Super helpful. Not.

So naturally I pop the disc in and take a look for myself. I’ve gotta stop doing that though because one day I may see something I can’t unsee!

I never understand what I'm looking at on the discs. Have to rely on the experts for that!
        Marti

Comment

The only question I had when I posted this is... does anyone else have a MRI report that is similar? I realize I just put it out there without asking any questions.
          Marti

Comment

Working...
          X