GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    2 made partial goals
    2 didn't set goals last week

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

Thurs - 1548 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Center
    Fri - 1290 steps
    Sat - 1068 steps
    Sun - 1747 steps
    Mon - 1442 steps
    Tues - 2714 steps, Silver Sneakers at Wellness Center
    Wed - 1644 steps

Total steps = 11,453 steps. Average: 1636 steps per day
    Total exercise = 2 days

I didn't quite make goals. I was a few steps short. But I was close. Even though I made just partial goals, I feel OK about it.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Nice work MamaBug, keep it moving in the right direction...

My goals for last week were:
      Avg. 10k steps - Missed- Averaged 8847
      Run 20 miles- Missed- Ran 14.5
      4 days in the gym- Made
      Train jiu jitsu 1 night- Made

Thur- 19218 Steps, 4 floors, weight training and I ran 8 miles
      Fri- 10038 steps, 14 floors...I skipped my normal routine and got some home projects done.
      Sat- 0 (didn't wear monitor but didn't do much)
      Sun- 3411 steps,0 floors, Continuation of Saturday
      Mon- 16281 steps, 9 floors, weight training, ran 6.5 miles, finished up the night with some yoga
      Tues- 3136 steps, 2 floors, weight training, Jiu Jitsu
      Wed- 9850, 2 floors, weight training

Stepped out side of my normal daily routine, had some visitors from corporate in the last week (this week too) so I opted to eat lunch with them a few times so I couldn't get my runs in like I normally do. It's all good though. Back to the grind Monday. I'm pleased with my performance.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Great efforts, Mamabug and Boudreaux! BTW, what do the dates in your signature mean, Bpudreaux?

I made my goal:
        Babysat twice and one other time that was too short for active work on my part
        Cleaned house
        Walked my usual outdoor route twice. Happy about that.

Will keep the same goal of 4-5 active (for me) days

Hope you all persevere and keep moving!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Nice job making those goals Seasha.

Those dates are events that I plan in participating in.

The crescent city classic is CD a 10k rade in New Orleans.
          Las Vegas is a jiu jitsu competition.
          Tough mudder is a 10 mile (give or take a few) race through the mud with somewhere around 20-25 obsticals in it.

My goal is only to finish.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Wow! I have to give you much credit for competing in these events!! You'll have to let us know how each one went afterwards.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ You came close and accomplished partial goals, and that is terrific!

Boudreaux ~ I love your variety of activities. Fabulous!

Seasha ~ You made goals and were able to do some walks! Super!

I was able to make goals also, and feel grateful for that.

Daily: Up on feet with rollator 4X a day @ 30 min each + Stretches throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches @ 20 per day

5X a week : Walk with rollator @ 30 min each

Although my goals are doable, they remain challenging! So I will keep the same goals at this time.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I made my step average goal with 475 'extra' steps , but did not make my daily steps goal. No particular reason - I just didn't feel like doing anything all week. I will keep same goals for next week.

I did have an appointment with my Endo, and she said the latest lab results show my Thyroid levels are just above being too low, (so that is a probable reason) and took me off of all medications for now.

I am glad to see that everybody else is meeting goals or working their goals to the best of their abilities. Really glad that nobody has reported being been stuck in due to frigid weather .

Wishing all a great week!

Comment

msgijo ~ Good for you making your step average goal, and with extra credit!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Really glad that nobody has reported being been stuck in due to frigid weather
                  Most everyone in my area were stuck in - no school, no work for many, no mail delivery, no courtrooms, etc.

I just don't go out in the winter, and cold/flu season, anyways.
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

1. 2-3 days a week of weight lifting for arms and 2-3 days weight lifting for lower body.

2. 10000-15000 steps a day. As long as I get to 10000 I will be happy but I am still going to try to push myself a few days for more steps for heart health and all that.

3. Find a way to go to bed earlier. I am waking up early but I just can't seem to get to sleep early ever.

Still the same goals. I made all of them last week except the go to bed early. Some days I am asleep early but other days it doesn't matter what I do I'll be up at 3 even though I have to be at work at 6:45. Thankfully I am not ever really too tired from it but I know getting enough sleep is a big part of being healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                      1. 2-3 days a week of weight lifting for arms and 2-3 days weight lifting for lower body.

2. 10000-15000 steps a day. As long as I get to 10000 I will be happy but I am still going to try to push myself a few days for more steps for heart health and all that.

3. Find a way to go to bed earlier. I am waking up early but I just can't seem to get to sleep early ever.

Still the same goals. I made all of them last week except the go to bed early. Some days I am asleep early but other days it doesn't matter what I do I'll be up at 3 even though I have to be at work at 6:45. Thankfully I am not ever really too tired from it but I know getting enough sleep is a big part of being healthy.
                      Daisycat ~ Fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Comment

Made Goal

Looks like everyone so far has had a solid, productive week. Great work!

I made my revised goals of yoga 7 days.

I nearly reached my averages steps too, though I had suspended the goal for the week unsure of which way my health would go. 6,287 steps for the week.

My goals for next week will be:
                        - daily yoga
                        - 6.5k steps avg
                        - 1 run

I hope everyone has a great week of health ahead and stays warm!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                          I made my revised goals of yoga 7 days.

I nearly reached my averages steps too, though I had suspended the goal for the week unsure of which way my health would go. 6,287 steps for the week.
                          MisterMan ~ Good to see that you were able to get your steps in, as well as the yoga! Marvelous!

Comment

Working...
                          X