Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/31/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/31/19

Hi everyone. Here we are on the cusp of February. I feel for all of you who are experiencing inclement weather. It is cold here but not as cold as it is in many places and we rarely experience snow. That was disappointing when I was a kid but all right with me now. It won’t be long until we can no longer hide behind heavy winter attire. Let’s make a pact to get some pounds off in order to look stunning in more revealing attire. I am telling myself this since I have added pounds during the Fall and Winter. I don’t want to buy a whole new Spring and Summer wardrobe in a larger size. I wish you all good luck including those who are maintaining.

I gained half a pound this week and am totally disgusted with myself. I now weigh 127 and could cry. I really did not think I had gained. I am going to do my best this week to lose a whole pound.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week especially since you did so well last week. Do let us know the latest.

Mamabug, good for you for your small yet significant loss. You are doimg a great job with maintenance. Keep up the momentum.

Hsmaldo, that is very good that you lost even a small amount. It is sooo much better than gaining. Keep it going.

Msgijo, sorry you are disappointed about your fluctuations. Despite that you are maintaining a good weight. I envy you for fluctuating by mostly going down. Continue to keep those unwanted pounds off.

Daisycat, that is a good thing that you are happy with your weight. That is quite an achievement. I do hope you do not go too much the other way and get too thin for good health. I am sure you look great.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Increase Your Fiber Intake

By simply increasing the amount of fiber you eat, you could be doing your health so much good while losing weight at the same time. According to an article published in The Journal of Nutrition, most Americans aren’t eating enough fiber. This is unfortunate because fiber has no calories but manages to keep us feeling full. This is also why people who eat more fiber are usually leaner and healthier. To boost your fiber intake, eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, and legumes. But be careful to not overdo it with the fiber because too much fiber and too little water can easily cause constipation.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4.2 pounds by four members. Good going. You should all be proud of yourselves. May we all be in this column next week.

Total Gain:

.5 pound. Sorry to ruin a perfect score. May we all be out of this column next week..

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4191.3 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 lbs. Remained in maintenance goal.

My most recent goal weight was 121.0-122.8 lbs.
    My maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116.0 lbs-- BMI 21.0) (127.8 lb -- BMI 23.2)
    Where I'd currently like to be is at or below a BMI of 22.0 (weight <121.0).

Recent weights:
    01/31/18: 122.8 lbs (BMI 22.3)
    01/24/18: 123.0 lbs (BMI 22.3)

-------------------
    BMI calculator:
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

1/24 114.0 BMI 19.6
      1/31 115.0 BMI 19.7

I gained a pound, but am still in as good place. Latest labs showed that my Thyroid levels are almost too low , so I am not taking any meds for that now. I am REALLY hoping that they don't swing into the too low range!

Karen - sorry to hear of your small gain. You can do this!

Mamabug - great job on maintenance! Good luck with the BMI.

Comment

Still at 115 and glad I haven't regained the lost pounds. BMI = 23.2
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X