MS hug and related injury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS hug and related injury?

Hi all. I believe I am experiencing the MS hug for the second time (all very recently) and I have also pulled a muscle in my side that has been spasming like crazy.

I am wondering if anyone who has history with "the hug" has noticed an increase in injury during the same time? Or is this just coincidence?

Sorry to hear about your pulled muscle! This is different from the "hug", but recently I experienced severe spasms in my left leg and actually pulled a muscle near my knee related to the spasms, so said my doctor. He said to apply ice to the affected area.

It helped a bit, but what really helped was to start taking an anti-spasmodic med before I go to bed. Have been doing that and the spasms have lessened and in doing so,, the pulled muscle healed.

Hope you find something that works!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Yes my hug and my injury were separate (injury cause by stupidity). But I would have killed for something to make the spasms stop yesterday. The neuro on call told me to stop icing (my usual go-to as I can't stand the heat) because he said it can make the spasms worse. So I have been here with the heating pad and a lot of ibuprofen.

It is funny that you mentioned your leg, because a few nights before, I woke up with a charlie horse in my left calf muscle which left my leg sore too.

I am glad that you have something that helps you at night. Might be worth talking to my neuro about.

I guess we just can't win.

Comment

Compression is worth a try- for me it changes the signal being sent.
        You´d know right away if it´s going to relieve it- first aid bandage, borrowed spanx?

Comment

Working...
        X