2 1/2 years and still waiting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 1/2 years and still waiting....

My journey has continued. I had my first (of 4 last year) MRIs last February and the brain scan showed
    1. A 1.3x1cm right intraconal oribital mass. There is a associated mass effect with resultant lateral deviation of the right optic nerve and mild right proptosis. Findings are suggestive of a cavernous hamangioma or other etiology.
    2. No acute ishchemic infarction or intracranial hemorrhage.
    3. Mild cerebral white matter signal changes, suggestive of mild chronic small vessel ischemic changes or atypical demyelinating process or migraine.

So....I have a tumor behind my right eye and I have about a dozen lesions "scattered and punctuate small foci of T2 hyperintensity are seen in the bilateral periventricular and subcortical white matter..."

I am going back for a follow up MRI of my brain this month and will follow up with my neuro next month. My neuro-opthalmologist is monitoring my tumor and I will have an updated MRI for that also.

So here I am, 2 1/2 years after my first post...and I am still in limbo. I do have lesions but have not yet been diagnosed with MS. My neuro said that if I have more lesions, or my lesions have gotten larger on my follow up MRI that he will then be able to diagnose me with RRMS. Hopefully that means I will have an answer within the next month.

As everyone does, I just want answers....anyone else have similar results on their MRI and not develop MS?

Thanks!
    Carey

So all your previous 4 MRI were consistent, no changes?
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
      So all your previous 4 MRI were consistent, no changes?
      I've only had one brain MRI, February of 2018. A tumor was found so then an MRI of my orbits was ordered, also in February, and a follow up orbit MRI in July. Then a pelvic MRI for unrelated issues in December.
      My follow up brain MRI is later this week.

Carey

Comment

It's always frustrating waiting for answers. I hope your upcoming MRI goes well and sheds more light with your issues.
        Hang in there and let us know what you find out!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X