6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    3 made partial goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made goals (6K steps on at least 6 of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps / day).

Thu - 8434
    Fri - 8500
    Sat - 13246
    Sun - 9270
    Mon - 7372
    Tue - 8908
    Wed - 7894

Made daily steps (every day) and average (9089 steps/day) goals, in spite of continuing to fight the bad cold that I had last week. I am thanking the volunteer work that I do for that (it is time sensitive, so no matter how badly I felt I still had to get up and do). I will keep the same goals for next week.

Hope that all have a great week .

Comment

Nice work msgijo- hope the cold gets out of your way soon.

My goals for this week were:
      Avg. 10k steps - Missed, 7977
      Run 20 miles- Missed- accomplished 17miles
      4 days in the gym- Made 5 days in the gym
      Train jiu jitsu 1 night- Made

Partial goals made. Since my runs usually take me onto the levee system the ups and downs register as flights of stairs so I got 48 of those this week. break = down as follows:

Thur- 8171 steps, weight training, ran 5 miles
      Fri- 6005 steps, weight training
      Sat- 5522 steps
      Sun- 4962 steps
      Mon- 14935 steps, weight training, ran 6 miles, Jiu Jitsu training (trifecta=Great Sleep)
      Tues- 13024 steps, weight training, ran 6 miles, Yoga
      Wed- Weights, 3221...(rain canceled my lunch run so I just enjoyed lunch with my co-workers)

I'll keep my goals the same for the upcoming week.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Fantastic work msgijo and Boudreaux! Have you ever thought of tallying your steps by the month or year? My father, who has since passed, kept a log of miles he ran for many years, even into his early 90's (then doing walk/runs). I remember a time when he said he had circumvented the earth 3 or was it 4? times over with his tallied miles. He loved to toot his own horn.

Anyway, I finally got over my cold/cough and didn't make any goals last week. But next week I will go back to my 4x/wk and hope one of those days will be spent walking outside.

Keep up the good work everyone!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

msgijo ~ Excellent, you surpassed your goals (both daily and average) and also got your volunteer activities accomplished!

Boudreaux ~ Your partial goals (weight training, running, yoga, Jiu Jitsu) look pretty darn good!

Seasha ~ So glad that your cold/cough are gone. Hope you are able to get your goals next week.

I made goals and am very grateful for that.

Daily: Up on feet (with rollator) 4X a day @ 30 min each doing chores, ADL's, etc. + Stretching throughout the day + In-chair ab crunches, 20 per day.

5X a week: Walked (with rollator) 5X @ 30 min each.

My 5th walk was so nice and smooth that I walked again the next day (extra credit) and that walk was also a good one, which was a very pleasant surprise!

We'll see how my walk goes tomorrow.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Great job, KoKo and kudo's for getting extra credit! Hope the rest of your walks go as smoothy~~
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made both goals

Thurs - 2806 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Rec/Center
              Fri - 2033 steps, Recumbent bike at Wellness Rec/Center
              Sat - 1540 steps
              Sun - 3021 steps; pool at YMCA
              Mon - 1602 steps
              Tues - 2996 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Rec/Center
              Wed - 1593 steps

Total steps = 15,591 steps. Average: 2227 steps per day
              Total exercise = 4 days.

Goals:
              1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
              2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
              Last edited by Mamabug; 01-27-2019, 10:08 PM.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made partial goals

Hi all,

Made my yoga goal (7 days) but fell short on 7k avg steps goal (6,760 avg).

My wife has had a cold on and off for over 2 weeks and I’m fighting it off, so not as much weekend walking.

I just had an Ocrevus infusion last weekend so now I’m playing it safe (being paranoid?) to avoid her cold setting in with me.

Until I’m clear of any threat of illness, my only exercise goal will be daily yoga. I’ll still get steps in but not sure what average I can aim for...so no steps goal this week.

Hope you all have a great week.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                  Made my yoga goal (7 days) but fell short on 7k avg steps goal (6,760 avg).
                  MisterMan ~ Good for you with your yoga goal - great effort!

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                  I just had an Ocrevus infusion last weekend so now I’m playing it safe (being paranoid?) to avoid her cold setting in with me.
                  I've become a germaphobe over the years, and am not on any DMT. When I get a virus...….well, let's just say my MS symptoms come on with a vengeance.

A cold might not be such a problem for you, though. These things are just as unpredictable as everything else is.

Keep taking good care of yourself, and wishing you good health, MisterMan.
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mamabug ~ Terrific job on making your goals!

So glad that you are feeling better!

Comment

So my new goals...

1. 2-3 days a week of weight lifting for arms and 2-3 days weight lifting for lower body.

2. 10000-15000 steps a day. As long as I get to 10000 I will be happy but I am still going to try to push myself a few days for more steps for heart health and all that.

3. Find a way to go to bed earlier. I am waking up early but I just can't seem to get to sleep early ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                        So my new goals...

1. 2-3 days a week of weight lifting for arms and 2-3 days weight lifting for lower body.

2. 10000-15000 steps a day. As long as I get to 10000 I will be happy but I am still going to try to push myself a few days for more steps for heart health and all that.

3. Find a way to go to bed earlier. I am waking up early but I just can't seem to get to sleep early ever.
                        Good luck with your goals Daisycat!

Hope you can get the rest and sleep that your body needs.

Comment

Working...
                        X