Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/24/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/24/19

Hi everyone. Time marches on. Only one more week left in January. It hardly seems possible. We will be thinking Spring before we know it. Think of how great you will look in new Spring attire. And think of how much better you will feel. I am also talking to myself given that I have had quite a weight gain in the past several months. I have not weighed this much since my weight loss on this forum. Now is the time to get serious.

I gained a pound this week and am totally disgusted with myself. I weigh 126.5. I am going to do my best this week to lose a whole pound.

Agate, fantastic! Hitting 115 is awesome. I know you can reach your ultimate goal. Just keep doing what you have been doing.

Mamabug, good for you for being in your maintenance goal. I hear you when you report wanting to lose a bit more. I know you can do it. Give it the old college try.

Hsmaldo, good for you for losing whatever the reason. It sounds like your modifications are paying off. Thank you for your kind words and good advice. If I follow them I can’t go wrong. May you continue losing.

Msgijo, sorry you are distressed about your goal weight. I hope your new plan works better for you. It is certainly worth a try. Thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I am taking them seriously. Keep up the good work.

Daisycat, congratulations on reaching your goal weight. Losing more might not be wise. What do you mean by a flap on your stomach? Is it something that can be exercised away?. I would hate to see you lose too much weight. Rejoice in reaching your goal.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Share and Share Alike

With the massive meals served at so many American restaurants, it's easy to go Dutch -- with the dinner plate.

"When we go out, I often share a meal with my wife," Anthony tells WebMD. "We've been known to split a dessert, even a pint of beer. That way, we don't feel stuffed, and we save some money."

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

9.0 pounds by five members. What a total! Congratulations to all. I don’t know if we have ever had such a grand total for the week. May we keep it up.

Total Gain:

0. Fantastic!

Stayed The Same:

1member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4187.1 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.4 lbs. Remained in maintenance goal.

My most recent goal weight was 121.0-122.8 lbs.
    My maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116.0-127.8 lbs).
    Where I'd currently like to be is at or below a BMI of 22.0 (weight <121.0).

Recent weights:
    01/17/18: 123.4 lbs (BMI 22.4)
    01/24/18: 123.0 lbs (BMI 22.3)

-------------------
    BMI calculator:
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu.../BMI/bmi-m.htm
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

WOW - What an awesome week ! Wonderful effort by everybody! To the ones that I missed last week:

Agate - simple awesome - those clothes that have been taunting you are surely not being so uppity now .

Daisycat - YAY YOU! You made your goal - something to be proud of . Keep up the great job and congratulations!

I lost another 1.8 pounds. So my plan to stay within my goal range failed the first week . I am simply not going to be concerned about my weight until I find myself too thin (109 pounds) or too heavy (125). I will post gains or losses, but I am having way too much trouble stabilizing my weight to set a firm goal right now.

1/17 115.8 (BMI 19.9)
      1/24 114.0 (BMI 19.6)

Mamabug - Awesome week ! Great job maintaining your weight.

Karen - Sorry for your gain, but Thank you for reporting it ! You sound like you are having the same problem that I am - we can't seem to maintain our weight no matter what we do . Hope that next week is better for you .

Comment

Busy as ever, so I have to keep this short, but I did want to report last Thursday's weigh in was 231 which is down .2 lbs. It's something!

Will try to be back to writing my life story later this week! LOL!

Comment

So I am at 97.2 right now. The thing is I am not trying to lose any more weight , but my extremely strict diet and work out routine is what is doing it I think. I am starting to get more muscle so I will probably see the number go up soon.

I am happy with my weight and finally fit into my "goal" jeans. So I am letting myself take 2 days off a week now ( if I want). I still enjoy working out since it is a stress relief but some days I just would rather focus on pet sitting or one of my other side jobs since if I am doing my side jobs I end up with 10000+ steps anyway. So I'll see what happens. It is just hard when your diet is restricted but I am still VERY happy with how I look and my results.

Comment

Working...
          X