Offset door hinge for wider door open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offset door hinge for wider door open

Hello,has anybody altered their door using a offset hinge?Ive heard it will give you about 2 more inches of door opening,way cheaper than changing door opening.My scooter will have more clearance.

Yes, they are sometimes called expandable door hinges and they really do work.
    If you proceed I hope they make your life easier.

I wish you well...

Comment

When we remodeled our bathroom for a roll-in shower, my contractor shared these doorway hinges as an option that would give me the couple extra inches I needed.

Instead, the contractor later presented a plan that allowed us to move the doorway to an adjacent wall while doing the full bathroom remodel.

So even though I didn't use these hinges they seemed like a good option. Best wishes as you work thru this.

Comment

Barn door hardware adds inches to doorway

Originally posted by Carlyle View Post
        Hello,has anybody altered their door using a offset hinge?Ive heard it will give you about 2 more inches of door opening,way cheaper than changing door opening.My scooter will have more clearance.
        I wasn't aware of offset hinges last year when I wanted a few more inches in the bathroom. They would not have worked because I sometimes ride my scooter into the bathroom - the door could not be closed.

Having seen a "barn door" in my son's condo I ordered the hardware in stainless steel from Lee Valley Tools, spoke to a handyman, ordered a larger door(36" wide, 7' tall)

Installation took under an hour. Painting it took longer.

I'm pleased.

Comment

Working...
        X