Government Shutdown and Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government Shutdown and Social Security

I've recently received numerous inquiries from clients, asking whether the government shutdown is slowing down the Social Security Administration's decision making process. Fortunately, Social Security is fully funded, and is not currently impacted by the shutdown.

In the coming weeks, however, the federal courts may begin delaying civil cases due to funding issues. Should this happen, it will only impact the very small number of cases that go to the federal courts. For reference, the typical case steps are (1) administrative filing, (2) reconsideration, (3) administrative law judge, (4) appeals council, and then (5) federal court.
    Attorney Jamie R. Hall's practice is focused on assisting individuals with claims and appeals for Social Security Disability and Long Term Disability benefits. He has assisted claimants nationwide, approximately half of whom are MS patients, from his Pennsylvania and Ohio locations. **No attorney/client relationship is created by this communication, and information provided herein is not a substitute for formal advisement.**

Thanks for sharing. I am sure it will bring some comfort to those who are in the process currently. I hope for all impacted, that the shut-down ends soon, and that it doesn't get to the point federal court funding is in question.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X