Gratitude journal for 01/17/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 01/17/2018

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Gratitudes for Thursday

1. Although my symptoms of whatever bladder or kidney thing are not gone, they are much more tolerable. And, in spite of continued frequent nighttime trips to the bathroom, I feel good.

That is such a gratitude, considering I felt "yucky" for two months. I'm able to attend things I want to attend, and exercise again.

2. I phoned a life-long friend yesterday to thank her for the beautiful home-made Christmas card that she sent last month. We've been friends for 50 years, since I was 6 and she was 7. We had hardly any contact for many years (ages 20-50?, maybe especially ages 40-50) because of many miles of distance and life just happens, I guess. But, we re-connected a number of years ago and it's like those many years without connection just disappeared. Yesterday, we probably talked for about an hour.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 01-17-2019, 01:41 PM.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Today, I am grateful for:
      1. Had follow-up mammogram and ultrasound - good news. No biopsy needed.
      2. Read an inspiring article by Tim Shaw, a former Penn State and NFL player, diagnosed with ALS at 30. He is 5 years from diagnosis and now using a wheelchair. I actually saw him as an honorary captain at a PSU game this past fall. He used a scooter and teammates held him up. It was a letter to himself, a younger Tim. It made me think what I would tell the younger version of me.
      3. Babysat my 5 month old great niece for an hour. Nothing like an infant asleep on you to fully relax and reflect on the important things in life.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

1. I got a very high review on my yearly evaluation. Which means I’m still able to function at work even with this and a bigger raise.

2. I know I said I wasn’t getting any more but that’s not ever going to be true... so my two new piercings stopped hurting and are actually really cute.

I didn’t like them the first few days but now I think they are adorable. (Dermals)

3. My new side jobs are working out and I’m actually having extra money to save for things (besides just piercings )

Comment

Gratitudes for this week

1. I went to Silver Sneakers on Tuesday.
          2. I started a new "Matched Circle" this week at Circle of Hope. I've been volunteering there since 2012. Two or 3 "Allies" are match with a "Circle Leader", who is a person struggling with poverty and / or other issues of low resources. We provide "intentional friendship" to help support them in meeting their goals -- trying to eradicate poverty in our community, one person at a time. This is my 4th 18-month match since I began volunteering.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
          X