7 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    6 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    1 made partial goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Thurs - 2526 steps; Silver Sneakers at Wellness Center
    Fri - 1630 steps
    Sat - 2508 steps, Recumbent bike at Wellness Center
    Sun - 1488 steps
    Mon - 1442 steps
    Tues - 2048 steps, 2 block walk
    Wed - 2007 steps, Chair yoga at YMCA

Total steps = 13,649 steps. Average: 1950 steps per day
    Total exercise = 4 days

I didn't quite make goals. I was a few steps short. But I was close. Even though I made just partial goals, I feel OK about it.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made partial goal.

Goals: at least 6K steps on at least 6 of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps/day.

Thu - 6718
      Fri - 5115
      Sat - 4473
      Sun - 4027
      Mon - 5365
      Tue - 6544
      Wed - 10462

I made only 3 days over 6K steps but managed a whopping 6101 steps/day . I will keep the same goals for next week.

I felt yucky Thursday, but took some ibuprofen and went to bed early. By Friday morning I KNEW I was sick - hubby kept "reminding" me that I had not had the flu shot this year. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and he checked for the flu - I didn't have the flu, just a bad cold. Feeling better now (that is very comparative to how terrible I felt over the weekend) and this is my busy volunteer week, so I HAD to move some as soon as I felt any better.

Hope that all had a more productive week than I did .

Comment

Great work Mamabug and msgijo even tho partial goals!!

Hope you feel better msgijo - I also came down with a bad cold/cough on Tues evening and have been sleeping and being a couch potato ever since. It has knocked me out.

But, I managed to make my goals before Tues. I did a walk outside and this time decided to travel up our sloped driveway for an added challenge. I managed 750 steps. I also went grocery shopping and forgot my list, so extra steps there as I wandered through the store trying to remember what was needed

I babysat twice and vacuumed and washed my kitchen and entryway floor.
        I was feeling so great and then - Wham! Too many grandchildren decided to share their colds with me. (bless their hearts)

I don't think I'm making goals for this next week.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Looks like you're feeling a little better mamabug, glad to see you are back in action.

Tough to hit those goals when you're under the weather msgijo, hope you are feeling better soon.

Nice work seasha. You'll do fine next week.

Thursday 13060, ran 4 miles
          Friday 5343, AM weight training
          Saturday 8635, trained jiu jitsu
          Sunday 409, while lotta nothing....
          Monday 5466, AM weight training
          Tuesday 15684, AM weight training, ran 4 miles at lunch
          Wednesday 13501, AM weight training, ran 5 miles at lunch and trained jiu jitsu.

62098 steps for the week, that's an average of 8871 a day, not the 10k I was aiming for but I'm good with it. Ran for a total of 14 miles and hit the weights 4 mornings. I got to train bjj twice this week and that makes me smile. I'd say I made partial goals.

Keep it going.

Next weeks goals are....
          Avg. 10k steps
          Run 20 miles
          4 days in the gym
          Train jiu jitsu 1 night
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Terrific job making partial goals - glad you're feeling much better!

msgijo ~ Sorry to learn that you've been sick. Great effort with partial goals!

Seasha ~ Super job making your goals, with the added walking challenge!

Boudreaux ~ Wow - running, weight lifting, and bjj - excellent!

I made goals, thankfully.

Daily : Up on feet (with rollator) 4X a day @ 30 min each (doing ADLs, light chores, etc) + stretches throughout the day + 20 in-chair ab crunches

5X a week: Walked with rollator 5X @ 30 min each

Would love to add more exercise, but most days I feel that there isn't any 'leftover' arm and leg energy to use.

Wishing everyone a healthy week, with good energy and perseverance.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Glad you made your goals KoKo.

If I may ask, what is an ADL?

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                Glad you made your goals KoKo.

If I may ask, what is an ADL?
                Thanks Boudreaux!

ADL's (activities of daily living) include getting dressed, personal hygiene, preparing meals, etc.
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                  Thanks Boudreaux!

ADL's (activities of daily living) include getting dressed, personal hygiene, preparing meals, etc.
                  Gotcha- fixing the kids lunches for school, washing clothes, cleaning the floor....That stuff can keep you busy for sure.

Comment

Made Goals

Mamabug, glad to see you’re right back at it again. Great week!

msgijo, nothing like a cold to throw you off your plan...glad you’re over it already.

Seasha, Hope you feel better quickly! Glad you were able to make your goal.

Boudreaux, so active this week! Lots of exercise, great running distance.

KoKo, way to go!

I made my goals. 7 days of yoga (goal was 7 days) and 7,782 avg steps (goal was 7k avg)

Keeping the same goals this week. My wife has come down with a cold so I’m crossing my fingers I sneak by that. Might sneak in a couple of runs.

Have a good week everyone, and be well.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                      I made my goals. 7 days of yoga (goal was 7 days) and 7,782 avg steps (goal was 7k avg)
                      Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                        Fantastic, MisterMan! Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                        X