O and shingrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O and shingrix

My neuro said it was ok to have the Shingrix vaccine but to check with PCP. Called there today and was told that it works like the flu shot as in go to the pharmacy and get it done there. I called the pharmacy and the vaccine is on back order but she took my name and number to call me for when it comes in. I am hoping to get both doses done in the window of time between infusions. Am posting this to let folks know that the vaccine is back ordered so you can plan ahead. Ocrevus brings a risk of shingles and IŽd like to make that risk zero.

back ordered

I have been trying to get the shingles vaccine since July of 2017 and I am told each month by different pharmacies that it is back ordered. I originally was number 141 on a waiting list but that has fallen by the wayside. Good luck and hope you can find it!

Comment

Check again- I got shot no. 1 today.

Comment

Heads up- I got the chills, then fever and body aches. Not much sleep last nite. Lost half a day today but now feel back to normal.

Comment

Ocrevus and shingrix

Hi,
          Were you able to get the shingrix vacine? Did you get the vaccine while on Ocrevus?
          DX 1988. Avenox for 6 years, Copaxone for 6 years and LDN for 3 years.

Comment

Yes, got the first dose a few weeks ago and plan to have the second dose 6 weeks before next Ocrevus infusion.

Comment

Working...
            X