GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    4 made partial goals
    1 didn't set goals

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

My goal was to improve from last week.

Thurs - 1345 steps
    Fri - 1489 steps, PT exercises
    Sat - 1915 steps, Recumbent bike at YMCA
    Sun - 2023 steps, 2 block walk
    Mon - 2499 steps, Silver Sneakers class at YMCA
    Tues - 1764 steps, 2 block walk
    Wed - 2092 steps, Chair yoga at YMCA

Total steps = 13,127 steps. Average: 1875 steps per day
    Total exercise = 6 days

For next week, I'll try to return to my regular goals.
    Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, recumbent bike at Wellness Center or YMCA, PT, YouTube chair exercises or something else.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you made both of your goals, Mamabug

I made my goal as well:

2 mornings of babysitting
      1 morning of walking outside 600 steps
      Vacuuming the great room, kitchen, bedroom and master bath.
      Yoga!

Still have vacuuming more to do and that will be one of my goals for next week along with 3 other days of some type of exercise.

Hope all is well with the rest of our dedicated group!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Good job guys. Seems you are finally heading in the right direction mamabug.
        So my weekly goals are going to change up a little bit. Instead of 10k steps I'll shoot for 70k total over time with 3 days in the gym, 2 runs a week and 1 night of jiu jitsu. Mix in some yoga every chance I get and I'll be happy.

I'll report all the data I have.

Thursday- 15900 steps, 7 flights, ran 3 miles
        Friday- 16886 steps, 36 flights, ran 7 miles
        Saturday- 8748 steps, 8 flights, ran 2 miles
        Sunday- 3811 steps, 2 flights
        Monday- 7001 steps, 6 flights, trained Jiu Jitsu
        Tuesday- 17057 steps, 12 flights, ran 6.24 miles
        Wednesday- 9358 steps, 4 flights, 29 minute HIT exercise

Totals: 78761 steps, 75 flights, ran 18.24 miles, trained BJJ and hit the gym. I'm pleased with my performance. Stay tuned guys big things coming up....

I joined a gym and Wednesday was my first visit. Its 10 bucks a month and ni commitment.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug - Seasha - Boudreaux - Terrific!!

I made goals also.

Daily - Up on feet with rollator 4X a day @ 30 min each + stretches throughout the day + 15 in-chair ab crunches

5X a week - Walk with rollator 5X @ 30min each

I'm going to increase the daily crunches to 20 per day - they are going well.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

Keeping the same goals.... Only one I keep missing is the waking up early on my days off. I am getting better but it is cold and I love snuggling with my dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
              1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

Keeping the same goals.... Only one I keep missing is the waking up early on my days off. I am getting better but it is cold and I love snuggling with my dog.
              Daisycat ~ Keep up the good work!

Enjoy sleeping late on your days off! (I wouldn't worry about it)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Goals: walk at least 6K steps on at least 6 of 7 days OR average 6K steps a day for the week.

Made goals .
                Only 1 day of less than 6000 steps and I averaged 7291 steps/day. I did everything from having granddaughter over for a night, to cleaning out the 'barn' to doing floors.
                Same goals next week.

Daisycat - excellent week ! Keep up the push.

KoKo - Awesome as always ! I am impressed with your ab exercises - wish that I had the determination to do some.

Boudreaux - WOW . Impressive workout (even more so when you break it down like you did)! Keep it going.

Seasha - Great week ! Glad that you have been able to get out and walk without nasty snow/ice, rain stuff. Keep up the good fight.

Mamabug - Great week ! It sounds as if you have been VERY busy this week - keep up the push.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Made goals .
                  Only 1 day of less than 6000 steps and I averaged 7291 steps/day. I did everything from having granddaughter over for a night, to cleaning out the 'barn' to doing floors.
                  msgijo ~ Marvelous!

KoKo - Awesome as always ! I am impressed with your ab exercises - wish that I had the determination to do some.
                  Thank you, msgijo! I'm impressed with your cleaning out the barn and doing floors.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                    msgijo ~ Marvelous!
                    Thank you, msgijo! I'm impressed with your cleaning out the barn and doing floors.
                    LOL - But those were HAVE TO DO things, as in RIGHT NOW!

The barn developed a leak right over where I had some things stored, so I had to clean out a spot where it wasn't leaking and move the items that I want to a dry place until I can get the roof repaired. I call it a barn simply because it is large enough to be one, but it was built as a storage shed for my husband's boat with an enclosed room for smaller items. We have since gotten rid of the boat so the "barn" is our catch all storage area. But there are several "good" things in there which I don't have room in the house for at this time, so ...

Comment

LOL - But those were HAVE TO DO things, as in RIGHT NOW!

The barn developed a leak right over where I had some things stored, so I had to clean out a spot where it wasn't leaking and move the items that I want to a dry place until I can get the roof repaired. I call it a barn simply because it is large enough to be one, but it was built as a storage shed for my husband's boat with an enclosed room for smaller items. We have since gotten rid of the boat so the "barn" is our catch all storage area. But there are several "good" things in there which I don't have room in the house for at this time, so ...
                      Ahh, got it! It's not a cows, horses, and hay barn.

In any case, lot's of work moving all your things around to dry ground!

Much more strenuous exercise involved than in-chair ab crunches, that's for sure.

Comment

Made Goals

Wow, great work everyone!

Late report, but I had also made my goals to round out the team’s effort!

- 7,172 steps average (goal was 7000 avg)
                        - yoga 7 days (goal was 7 days)
                        - ran 3x (Friday, Monday, Wednesday) (goal was 3 days)

Goals for week ending 1/17 :
                        - 7000 avg steps
                        - yoga 7 days

I’m taking the week off from running.

I hope everyone is having a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                          Late report, but I had also made my goals to round out the team’s effort!

- 7,172 steps average (goal was 7000 avg)
                          - yoga 7 days (goal was 7 days)
                          - ran 3x (Friday, Monday, Wednesday) (goal was 3 days)
                          Fabulous effort, MisterMan!

Comment

Nice work everyone...looking forward to hearing from you guys tomorrow.
                            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

For those of you who have been missing from our Exercise Check-in for awhile, we'd love to see you back!

Begin anew; set new goals -- whatever is appropriate for you. If you meet your goals, great! If you don't, at least you tried. You can always change them to something that fits your abilities better.
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X