Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/10/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/10/19

Hi everyone. Here we are farther into the New Year. I hope everything is going smoothly for all of you. I am coming closer to surgery to repair an old ankle injury. I am very nervous about it but know I have to do something to maintain maximum mobility. My legs are weak so additional stress from my ankle is just too much. Weight gain has only made ambulation worse. I must get a grip.

I am sad to report that I weighed 128 this a.m. so gained two pounds. I am positively ashamed and wish I had done better. I am still taking fluid pills so I can’t blame the gain on excess fluid. My ankles are still a little swollen but minimally. I will try my best to lose at least half a pound and hope for a full pound.

Agate, sorry to miss you and hope you are well and have continued to lose.

Mamabug, that is terrific that you have continued to lose as you approach your final goal. There is no stopping you now. You are going to make it!

Hsmaldo, so sorry to hear about your gains but know how brutal maintaining weight goals are this time of the year. Thank you for your supportive comments regarding my plight, I am very encouraged by them. I do hope your weight loss efforts will be vitalized with the New Year. I am so impressed with your photography. Good luck in all things.

Msgijo, sorry to hear you had a “crummy week” and hope things are looking up this week. Sorry you gained a couple of pounds but clearly it was not a catastrophe since you are at a good weight. Thank you for your words of encouragement. To answer your question regarding my salt intake. I eat no added salt but my daughter in law, although using salt sparingly, does salt her cooking more than I would. She fixes super good meals and it is difficult for me not to overindulge. Hope you have a great week.

Daisycat, glad to hear you are not worried about the “little amount lost.” Every little bit counts and they add up. Besides it is much better than gaining. You appear to be at a good weight. How tall are you? Keep up the good work

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

26 Weight Loss Tips That Are Actually Evidence-Based

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc on August 22, 2018

Eat Eggs For Breakfast
    Eating whole eggs can have all sorts of benefits, including helping you lose weight.

Studies show that replacing a grain-based breakfast with eggs can help you eat fewer calories for the next 36 hours as well as lose more weight and body fat (4, 5).

If you don’t eat eggs, that's fine. Any source of quality protein for breakfast should do the trick

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.2 pounds by two members. Congratulations on the loss. You are starting the New Year with a bang. May it only get better from here.

Total Gain:

7.3 pounds by three members. Sorry about the gain but remember one score was a cumulative amount and therefor not so dire. Now is the time to concentrate on staying out of this column for a sustained period of time knowing that we all here periodic slip ups.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.4 lbs. Remained in maintenance goal.

My most recent goal weight was 121.0-122.8 lbs.
    My maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116.0-127.8 lbs).
    Where I'd currently like to be is at or below a BMI of 22.0 (weight <121.0).

Recent weights:
    01/03/18: 123.0 lbs (BMI 22.3)
    01/10/18: 123.4 lbs (BMI 22.4)

-------------------
    BMI calculator:
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Last week I was 103.2 today I was 101.2 one time and 101.6 the second time.

I am 5 feet so I still can get down to 95 before I am considered underweight. Losing weight is the only way I feel like I have control over anything so I am going to keep going as long as I have energy , eat healthy , and feel great. (at least as far as my weight/ energy is concerned)

I am going to go for between 95-100 and see how I look and feel. I need something to focus on.

Comment

Gained 0.2 pounds.

1/4 117.0 (BMI 20.1)
        1/10 117.2 (BMI 20.1)

Still in a good range (slightly below target of 119 - 121 pounds). I was pleased to see that cutting back on as many 'goodies' stabilized my weight some. I will cut out the chips this week and see where that takes me .

Daisycat - Good loss ! It is normal to gain / loss as much as 2 pounds during a 24 hour period. I typically do my weigh ins at about the same time each week to avoid those fluctuations.

Mamabug - Sorry to see that you had a gain, but glad that it was a small one. I was amazed that so small of a gain increased your BMI . Keep up the good fight and I am certain that you will be in your target BMI range in no time .

ShrinkKaren - It looks like you are back on the dreaded yo-yo . I hope that you can get off of it this week and back on the track to losing weight .

Agate - good deal staying the same again . I am trying to think of small changes that may nudge your weigh down a little. Are you drinking plenty of water? Getting enough sleep? Limiting sodium intake? How is your A1C doing - any changes there that could indicate problems with weight? I tried to inform my DH about all of these little things that made a difference in weight and he just shook his head and walked off .

Good luck to all this week .

Comment

I have no idea what's going on. I haven't changed my eating habits and I am up 4.8 lbs to 233.3 on my last weigh-in (last Thursday). I really didn't want to come and post that here because I didn't want to write those numbers down.

It's very frustrating to be going the opposite direction. I had my physical on Monday and of course the dr mentioned weight loss and that she'd like to see .5- 1lb lost each week. I'd like to see that too. And actually told her that I have been trying to lose weight for almost 30 years. She asked if I wanted to see a nutritionist. No, actually I don't--because one says one thing and another says another thing and they both contradict each other and no one really knows anything about how to lose weight except that the only thing that actually works is being consistent.

Which, after trying to change things up and cut things out for a few months, and the scale doesn't seem to budge, is frustrating and because I don't want my life to be ruled by food diaries (been there, done that) or obsessing about everything I eat (does it have sugar or flour or high fructose corn syrup or gluten) and life is hard enough with everything else going on, I just give up. And on and on the cycle goes for 30 years.

So, that's my rant and though I am frustrated, I am going to keep trying.

On the plus side, despite being overweight, my blood pressure is 124/80 and my cholesterol numbers are really good (185 total, HDL 60, LDL 102). So at least that was some good news!

I'll try to log in tomorrow with my weight--hopefully I have something better to report.

Comment

Sorry I'm late--still at 116 and apparently coasting along, not trying hard enough to lose any more. I hope to change this attitude.

msgijo,

Agate - good deal staying the same again . I am trying to think of small changes that may nudge your weigh down a little. Are you drinking plenty of water? Getting enough sleep? Limiting sodium intake? How is your A1C doing - any changes there that could indicate problems with weight? I tried to inform my DH about all of these little things that made a difference in weight and he just shook his head and walked off .
            I do try to drink enough fluids. I don't make much of an effort to limit sodium intake but probably should. I do try not to pig out on salty food. There's a temptation to keep on dipping into the salty crackers or nuts. My A1C is always between 5.1 and 5.6. Shortly after being dx'ed with diabetes, I found that eating 4 times a day without ever skipping any meals (or adding any between-meal snacks) helped to keep me on track.

I gave up on desserts at that time (around 1985) and haven't been near them since--except that every day I treat myself to a few cookies. Very sweet foods, like pies, cakes, sweet rolls, doughnuts,lost their appeal for me long ago even though I had quite a weakness for them before diabetes came along with its diet restrictions.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
            X