About Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Me

Was diagnosed in June of 2006 with Primary Progressive MS. Years later Neurologist said he wasn't sure if I had Primary or Secondary but he said he does know I have Progressive MS. Been almost 12 years now and I feel pretty good. Have had no flare ups for a while. Have fallen down some though but now walk with a walker to help me get around.
    Chuck

Originally posted by bohuck2 View Post
    Was diagnosed in June of 2006 with Primary Progressive MS. Years later Neurologist said he wasn't sure if I had Primary or Secondary but he said he does know I have Progressive MS. Been almost 12 years now and I feel pretty good. Have had no flare ups for a while. Have fallen down some though but now walk with a walker to help me get around.
    Hi Chuck

Good to hear from you!

I was dx'd PPMS in 1998, never had flares/relapses.

It's great that you haven't had flares for a while, and that you are feeling pretty good.

Let's hope your walker keeps you from having any more falls.

I have been using a rollator walker for many years, and it has been a tremendous aid in keeping me upright and walking, to the best of my ability.

In any case, looking forward to more of your posts, Chuck!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi Chuck and welcome!! So glad you found us and glad you are feeling well these days. Hope to hear more from you and don't be shy about asking questions or making comments. We're all in this together, ranging from CIS to PPMS (caregivers too) and all giving lots of great support here.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello and welcome chuck. I was dx PPMS in 2005. I know the slow and steady decline feeling too. This board has become a place of comfort being with people who “get it”. Kinda like having an extended family.

Richard.
        It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hi bohuck2,

Welcome to our small corner of cyberspace.

Like you, PPMS (no remissions, just slow decline), 11 years since dx of RRMS but never had a flare so dx was finally changed a few years ago.

Still walking albeit poorly and know what falling down is like.

Like many others here, FWIW, keep moving regardless of how you feel. Exercise builds endurance / resilience both mentally and physically.

Again, welcome Chuck!

Jer

Comment

Hi and welcome!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Welcome Chuck. I'm glad to hear that your MS is somewhat stable.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Chuck, and welcome!

Comment

Working...
                X