Castor oil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castor oil packs

Does anyone use castor oil packs, on your liver or abdomen, for detoxifying the body?

I used to try to do them somewhat regularly, years ago. But it's messy and takes so long. I haven't done one for a long time.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Castor oil packs

Mama bug

I too was doing castor oil packs a few years ago on the advice of nutritionist Tara Palmer and stopped (I guess I got lazy). Tara used to consult frequently on this site but I have not been on in a long while (again lazy).
    I was recently diagnosed with a fatty liver and decided to get unlazy and do something about it. I consulted again with Tara and specifically asked her about castor oil packs and this was her reply to me :

I love castor packs- castor oil gets into the lymphatic system and chemically cleans the waste. #2 job is to release new lymphocytes. So when the lymphatic system is clean it can help upregulate the immune system. Any assault/irritation to the immune system then translates into pissing it off- which you need to avoid.

It doesn’t specifically address liver/detox but I’m doing it again to work in conjunction with some dietary changes to help with my fatty liver disease. She also recommended things to help “degunk “ my gaul bladder. I haven’t had any follow up scans on my liver to see if what I’m doing is making an impact but one of my liver enzymes (alt) which had been elevated has dropped back in to a normal range. So I feel I’m shifting things in a more positive direction.

I agree it can be messy, but once I got my materials together and a station set up (the lounge chair in my bedroom) it became an easier routine. I pick a morning that I have free to I can shower after and it makes it easier to clean off.
    I hope this helps

Comment

Thanks. I've done it twice in the past two weeks. Probably not optimally enough. But better than nothing, maybe.

Tara is also where I heard about it.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I found this YouTube video about Castor Oil packs.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLqwHJnANUg

My kinesiologist says castor oil packs are good for those of us with MS. She says once a week is often enough.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
        X