GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals msg kk
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    1 made partial goals
    2 didn't set goals
    1 is setting new goals for next week
    1 did lots of exercising but I wasn't clear from this week's report what the goals had been or if goals were achieved. I don't usually take the time to look back at last week's post if this week's post isn't clear.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 01-05-2019, 11:06 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set goals

I'll still report though. Here were my usual goals:
    Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1303 steps
    Fri - 2259 steps
    Sat - 1386 steps
    Sun - 1896 steps
    Mon - 2251 steps
    Tues - 1652 steps, Tai Chi on YouTube
    Wed - 1706 steps

Total steps = 12,483 steps. Average: 1779 steps per day
    Total exercise days = 1

My goal for next week is to improve from this week. I'm still not ready to go back to my previous goals.

Regarding my health challenges, I posted an update here:
    https://msworld.org/forum/showthread...=1#post1516405
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I had a much better week this week and made my goals. We even had one day with no rain and windy weather, so I did my 600 non-stop walk outside with trekking poles that day -struggled a bit, but made it! Managed to vacuum some, babysit one morning, yoga and grocery shopping.

I keep thinking that some day my legs will feel stronger, but I'm starting to lose hope. Still not throwing in the towel and will continue to do all I can with what I've got. Goal next week - 4 days including one day of walking outside.

Hope you all manage to have a great week ahead.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Partial Goals

Mamabug, I saw your other post with the update. I hope the new med helps with your symptoms and offers you some relief!

Seasha, so glad you were able to make your goals last week, and I hope your legs prove you wrong this week.

I made partial goals last week. My goals were:
        - 9k step avg (missed, averaged 7,360 steps)
        - 3 runs (missed, had 1 run)
        - 4 days of yoga (made this goal, did yoga 4 days)

We were visiting family and it was more challenging than I expected to get the runs and steps in. We got back home in time for New Years but then I was under the weather a couple of days, I guess the travel got to me.

Feeling better again though and back on track.

Goals for this week:
        - 7,000 steps average
        - yoga 7 days (yes, daily!)
        - 3 runs

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all have a great week 👍

Comment

Nice work Seasha and Misterman.
          Seems as though your headed in the right direction Mamabug. Hope it levels out soon.

I didn't make goals but am pleased with the amount of exercise I am getting in.

Goals are 10k steps a day and 1 night of BJJ a week.

Thursday- 4869 steps
          Friday- 9771 steps
          Saturday- 7312 steps
          Sunday- 3595 steps
          Monday- 7971 steps
          Tuesday- 11858 steps, ran 5 miles
          Wednesday- 9481 steps, ran 3 miles, trained bjj

I've also been getting a few short yoga sessions in when I can. If all goes according to plan (fingers crossed) I'll be ramping it up a bit and even get some weight training in.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Good luck with the new medication, and hope you're better soon!

Seasha ~ Glad for you that you had a good week!

Regarding taking walks, I had to find my 'prime time' for taking a good walk. Mine is early in the day, about an hour after I'm awake. My ability to walk for any length of time worsens as the day goes on. The difference between how I walk in my 'prime time', compared to other times, is quite incredible.

MisterMan ~ Glad that you're feeling better, and back on track!

Boudreaux ~ Great effort with your steps, running, and bjj!

I was able to accomplish my goals, thankfully.

Daily - Up on feet with rollator 4X a day @ 30 min each + stretching several times throughout the day + 15 in-chair ab crunches

5X a week - Walk with rollator 5X a week @ 30 min each.

I had one walk that was extra smooth, better than usual. Couldn't figure out why it went so well - something I ate? better sleep? cooler body temp? Everything was the same that I could see, nothing different, but it was a very nice experience!

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nice work KoKo
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Boudreaux, great effort…you still got a lot of steps in! 👍

KoKo, nice job hitting your goals! 👌

Comment

1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

So these were/are my goals. I made the first two. I kind of made the second if being awake by 730 but not getting out of bed counts. It was cold and my bed was so warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                    1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

So these were/are my goals. I made the first two. I kind of made the second if being awake by 730 but not getting out of bed counts. It was cold and my bed was so warm.
                    Daisycat ~

Partial goals are an accomplishment too.
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Sorry for the very late check in, but I have not been feeling well (a few old sx's showed up on a couple of days).

Goals: 6K steps on at least 6 out of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps/day.

Thur - 4894
                      Fri - 10551
                      Sat - 11511
                      Sun - 7461
                      Mon - 5150
                      Tue - 7786
                      Wed - 7177

Walked over 6K steps on only 5 days , but I DID average 7791 steps/day. I made one goal.
                      I will keep same goals for this week.

Daisycat - Great week! Yeah it is hard to make yourself get out of a warm bed when you don't really have to.

KoKo - Awesome week ! Glad to hear that you had one especially great day.

Boudreaux - Great week ! Looks like you managed to get your fitness tracker working for you again - yay.

MisterMan - Great week ! Especially when you consider that you were visiting family and we were in the mist of holiday madness, I am sure that this week will be even better for you.

Seasha - Awesome week ! Like you, we have had nasty rainy weather but although I did many of the things you did (shopping, floors and house cleaning) I still didn't get enough steps in. Hopefully this week will be easier for you to meet your goals.

Mamabug - sorry to hear that you are still feeling bad. Your goal for this week sounds wonderful . Hoping that you start feeling better soon .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                        Walked over 6K steps on only 5 days , but I DID average 7791 steps/day. I made one goal.
                        msgijo ~ You accomplished your daily average step goal, which is terrific!

Hope you're feeling much better!

Comment

Working...
                        X