Gratitude Journal for 01/03/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude Journal for 01/03/2019

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 01-05-2019, 11:07 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I am grateful every time that my husband allows me to start the day over.

The first time was last summer. While I was in the garden, I couldn't get myself up to a standing position. I was angry, felt stupid, cussed up a storm, threw my hand tools. . . had a melt down. My husband came to see what was going on. After he got me up, in the shade, and calmed down back to normal, he quietly asked me if I wanted to start the day over. This is his way of "not sweating the small stuff". We both have used this technique from time to time since then.

Comment

Gratitudes for Friday

- small group meeting yesterday.

- It's the weekend. I like it when hubby is off.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gratitudes for Saturday

1.Became a YMCA member again.

My Wellness Center/Rec center membership is about to expire.

I might renew that too. IDK. I like different aspects of each.

Rec Center
        - more geared to people with disabilities.
        - Parking is closer
        - 4 types of Silver sneakers classes. But I've only tried 2 because I think the other two are too difficult for me
        - I prefer their Silver sneakers Classic class instead of YMCA because way fewer people; it's not so overwhelming
        - wellness center has ear bud options for audio on TV while using recumbent bike (no audio available on TVs at YMCA)
        - less expensive

YMCA
        - much newer and much much nicer facility
        - way nicer pool. Also a hot tub. Family changing rooms. Pool is open way more hours.
        - Cost of all classes is included with membership (only Silver sneakers classes and Wellness Center included with rec center membership)
        - Hubby likes it better so he's more willing to come with me. Sometimes to the recumbent bike. But especially to the pool; after I get out of the pool and change out of swimsuit, I'm so exhausted that I need his help to walk back to the car.
        - They just started a chair yoga class that I want to try. I think it will be easier than other YMCA yoga classes, and easier than silver sneakers yoga at Rec center.

2. Went to the YMCA today with Hubby. Rode recumbant bike.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

1. Made an extra 200 dollars the past two days with side jobs. Just need to find a way to convince myself to save this and not use it for more tattoos and piercings. Although the deal I made with myself was after I pay off my credit card I can use half for tattoos and half for savings. I am finally done with piercings I think. My last one was enough for me.

2. I won HQ again... I have no idea why winning that stupid app brings me so much joy.

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

60F outside today!

Felt good enough to go to Silver sneakers class today.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
            X