Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/3/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 1/3/19

Hi everyone. I hope everyone one of you had the happiest New Year ever. I am rushing because time is passing faster than I am. I have had a very rough day.

I am happy to report that I weighed 126 this a.m. so lost 7.5 pounds. However, don’t congratulate me too much. I am taking fluid pills so I am sure at least two pounds of it is due to fluid loss. My ankles are still a little swollen.

Agate, congratulations on your little loss. Every little bit counts in the big scheme of things. Keep up the good work.

Mamabug, that little gain is not surprising over the Holiday. I am sure you will be back on track now that we are into the New Year. Keep up your enthusiasm.

Hsmaldo, sorry to hear you gained but am impressed with your plans to alter your lifestyle. If you can keep behavioral changes up I am sure you will see a loss soon. Good luck with your plans.

Msgijo, that is quite a loss when you are not even trying to lose. I hope you stabilize soon.

Daisycat, Very good loss. You will be at your goal weight soon.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

26 Weight Loss Tips That Are Actually Evidence-Based

Written by Kris Gunnars, BSc on August 22, 2018

The weight loss industry is full of myths. People are often advised to do all sorts of crazy things, most of which have no evidence behind them. However, over the years, scientists have found a number of strategies that seem to be effective.

Here is one that is evidence-based.

Try Intermittent Fasting
    Intermittent fasting is a popular eating pattern in which people cycle between periods of fasting and eating.

Short-term studies suggest intermittent fasting is as effective for weight loss as continuous calorie restriction (13).

Additionally, it may reduce the loss of muscle mass typically associated with low-calorie diets. However, higher-quality studies are needed before any stronger claims can be made (14).

[/U]Weight Loss Results:

[B]Total Loss (B]

6.4 pounds by three members. Impressive loss especially during the Holidays. May we all follow your lead into the New Year.

Total Gain:

7.3 pounds by three members. Not to despair. It is a new year and all things are possible. Best luck to all.

[B]Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

[/I]B]4172.8
    is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a bad day. I hope that things settle down and get a little easier for you soon! Don't dismiss the weight loss as "just" water weight. Even if that's what it is, I know that you were bummed that you had gained the last few weeks, so I hope this brings you back to a better mental place regarding your weight.

Yes, I have definitely gained as well. Up to 228.5 I'm just going to say that it's a 5 lb gain because the last weight I had entered on one of my phone apps was 223.5 and I'm too lazy to go back through the message boards to find the last time I weighed in to be more precise! I'm hoping as well that it is just water weight--I'm with you Karen, with the swollen ankles. But I also know I've been a little too liberal with the Christmas cookies....

Yesterday went very well with the new change in our schedules. I started dinner as soon as I got home and we were eating by six which is fantastic! But after dinner, I was pretty worthless until about 8 when I kicked it into gear again and started cleaning and preparing lunches. Then, unfortunately, I stayed up printing some of my photos with Snapfish--they had such a great deal on calendars and canvas prints I couldn't pass it up--and so it took a bit to do all that and I ended up staying up past 11, so I'm dragging just a little bit this morning--but Hubby and the girls got to bed at their new bedtime, so I can make it through today! But I can say that I am beyond thrilled with seeing my pictures printed in calendars and canvases. I already have one calendar I made, so it's really the canvas I'm looking forward to seeing.

My coworker encouraged me to take a walk with her yesterday, so we did about a mile loop on our morning break. I didn't have my sneakers, so it was little rough, but today I'm prepared and I hope that we can encourage each other to keep it up!

Other than that, things are settling down from the holidays. I still have all my lights up at work and at home. Otherwise January is just too dreary! I don't know how much longer I can get away with it at work though. Some of my coworkers are so adamant about stripping all the decorations down the day they return from Christmas break.

I'm going to sign off here,

msgijo, thanks for your encouragement to come and weigh in this week. I appreciate it! I hope you and your dr can find a good balance with your meds very soon!

Comment

Lost 0.8 lbs

My most recent goal weight was 121.0-122.8 lbs.
      My maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116.0-127.8 lbs).
      Where I'd currently like to be is at or below a BMI of 22.0 (weight <121.0).

Recent weights:
      01/03/18: 123.0 lbs (BMI 22.3)
      12/27/18: 123.8 lbs (BMI 22.5)
      -------------------
      BMI calculator:
      https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

103.6 was my last weight. This week it is around 103.2 but I am not worried about the little amount lost. I am about to start my favorite time of the month so I am sure next week will be better.

Comment

Sorry for the late check in - I did weigh on the 4th, but am only now posting it - it has been a crummy week .

12/27 - 114.8
          1/4 - 117.0
          BMI - 20.1

Gained 2.2 pounds . That puts me closer (but still below) my goal weight, but still in a "normal" weight range.
          I suppose that I need to lay off of the christmas goodies now .

Daisycat - Good loss This time last month you showed a huge loss the following week .

Mamabug - Great loss AND BMI ! Keep up the good job.

hsmaldo - Great start to your new routines ! It is so nice that your co-workers are interested in walking and encouraging you to walk with them. I predict a drop on the scales soon .

Karen - Awesome loss ! Water weight is still weight! NOT "just water" - do you know that a gallon of water weighs around 8.35 pounds? I am wondering, are you on a low/no salt diet? I remember that you have had problems with your weight since you started taking a new medicine several months ago. Hope that this kicks off a start to more weight loss, and that you have better days .

Comment

Still at 116 and happy not to have gained any of those pounds back. My clothes are fitting better.

Sorry you've had a bad day, Karen. I hope things are improving for you.
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

ShrinKaren is back

We lost some of our regulars while Karen was away. Now is a good time to come back.
              Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
              Hi Everyone. I am back after a long odyssey. I am currently residing in a residence for people with chronic problems. My leg has not completely healed from the femoral fracture. But my fingers are working so I will try to send a weekly blog. I have to go to an exercise group right now so will work o this later. Karen
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X