try to get balance back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try to get balance back

Try these socks and maybe they will work for you. It is not a cure but maybe they'll help. Check the vidio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfgD-jhMP3M

Hello mode,
    Thank you for the infor. I watched the video and would like to try the socks. I am curious if you had tried them or anyone else on the board.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

what I have done

I do water aerobics, and I challenge my balance all the time with exercises in that.

I know that is not for everyone.

There are Yoga poses to work on balance. There are books and internet to help find them. Including adaptive Yoga will help.

Rolling a towel up, long ways, and putting it on the floor, then put the toe area of your foot on the towel. then put heal area on towel. Stand and hold on to a sink or wall at first if you have to.

I have been doing these for years. But, what really helped my balance was changing my diet to the Whal Protocol, or the AIP diet. First time in years that I have not lost my balance at neuro's office when I put my feet together, when standing, and closed my eyes.

It is something that you have to constantly work on.

Comment

I actually did PT this summer for balance. Some exercises:
        • Heel to toe walk. i do this in a hallway so if I lose balance, walls on either side
        • Holding counter or back of chair, stand on one leg with the othet bent. Hold for 15 secs. Repeat 5-15 times. Switch legs.
        • Similar to above, but shut eyes. have hands positioned to grab chair. I only get to 5-7 secs, but when I first started, lucky to hold for 2.

There were about 30 exercises by the time I finished, but above should be familiar from neuro's evaluations.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          I actually did PT this summer for balance. Some exercises:
          • Heel to toe walk. i do this in a hallway so if I lose balance, walls on either side
          • Holding counter or back of chair, stand on one leg with the othet bent. Hold for 15 secs. Repeat 5-15 times. Switch legs.
          • Similar to above, but shut eyes. have hands positioned to grab chair. I only get to 5-7 secs, but when I first started, lucky to hold for 2.

There were about 30 exercises by the time I finished, but above should be familiar from neuro's evaluations.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIHZyH_DlA this video helps me so much

Comment

Google or go to Amazon or your own favorite site, looking for:

foot stretcher or foot rocker.

Add a chair for support and you will improve both balance and leg (calf / achilles) strength & flexibility.

Comment

Working...
            X