Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended clinics for Rituxan, Rituximab, Mabthera

Hi,
    just diagnosed 41-year old male but unfortunately with relatively aggressive variant. Three relapses in less than one year and now numb feeling and occasional pain in both hands and feet. Left arm also quite weak.

Still not receiving any DMT due to slow national healthcare.

Does anyone know good clinics for starting up Rituximab (eg 2x1000 mg infusion spaced two weeks)?

preferably in Europe but I am quite desperate so basically anywhere.

I am not sure I can get my own doctors approval...

I have a friend in Basel on Rituximab. I don’t think it’s a Rituximab clinic per se.

I’m not familiar with how medical care works between countries in Europe. Tell me which questions to ask and I’ll message them to her.

Comment

I have a similar dilemma.

Who in California is still prescribing Rituximab?

(I don’t want to switch to Occrevus because I’ve had some really unexpected reactions to past DMTs and Rituximab has been amazing. I don’t want to chance it.)

Apparently Kaiser is using Rituximab but I have Medicare...

Any help appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by emilyc View Post
        I have a similar dilemma.

Who in California is still prescribing Rituximab?

(I don’t want to switch to Occrevus because I’ve had some really unexpected reactions to past DMTs and Rituximab has been amazing. I don’t want to chance it.)

Apparently Kaiser is using Rituximab but I have Medicare...

Any help appreciated!
        I believe Kaiser has a Medicare Advantage plan. Would you be able to sign up for that?

Comment

With an aggressive form have you looked into joining a stem cell clinical trial? With your profile you might qualify for the one at Northwestern University in Chicago with Dr. Burt.

Comment

Unfortunately, I’d lose my MediCal/Medicaid and not be able to afford the care for my other diagnoses. Thanks though

Originally posted by snowballs mom View Post
            I believe Kaiser has a Medicare Advantage plan. Would you be able to sign up for that?

Comment

Thanks @Temagami and @snowballsmom ! I’ll take a closer look at the Kaiser Advantage. I had assumed it would cause the loss of Medicaid. Medicare I keep because of disability but Medicaid has an income/asset cap and is my supplemental. Maybe I could get a GoFundMe together to pay for the Kaiser Advantage and co-pays. But I’d have to see if the influx of funds would disqualify from Medicaid and the low- income drug assistance in need for my other diagnoses.

(And the other diagnoses make me hesitant/probably ineligible to enroll in a trial... but the stem cell treatment is so exciting!)

Comment

Originally posted by Seekinghelp View Post
                Hi,
                just diagnosed 41-year old male but unfortunately with relatively aggressive variant. Three relapses in less than one year and now numb feeling and occasional pain in both hands and feet. Left arm also quite weak.

Still not receiving any DMT due to slow national healthcare.

Does anyone know good clinics for starting up Rituximab (eg 2x1000 mg infusion spaced two weeks)?

preferably in Europe but I am quite desperate so basically anywhere.

I am not sure I can get my own doctors approval...

I see you are from Denmark? i live in Sweden next to Denmarks border ,i am on rituxan/mabthera,,and here it is a common dmd for MS,so you can try here ? do not know what rules there are but thought i can share what i know

Comment

Rituximab in California

Hi Emily,

I have been prescribed Rituximab by my neurologist at the UCSF MS Clinic. I don't know where you are in California but maybe you can get a referral to UCSF.

Comment

Rituximab at UCSF

Originally posted by polopuppy View Post
                    Hi Emily,

I have been prescribed Rituximab by my neurologist at the UCSF MS Clinic. I don't know where you are in California but maybe you can get a referral to UCSF.
                    thanks @polopuppy. They’re not trying to get people to switch to Occrevus? (I’m in Sacramento right now but we’re most likely relocating south.)

Comment

Hi Emily,

My neurologist was quite adamant that I go on Rituxumab. He mentioned other medication options but felt that this was the best option for my situation. I hope he is right and it is the right med for me. Time will tell since the plan is to repeat my MRI's in the next week or so.

Comment

@polopuppy Thanks for letting me know. I hope your MRI goes well. Fingers crossed for great results!

Comment

Working...
                        X