Exercise Check-In for 12/27/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 12/27/18

6 checked in this last week. Good turn out!

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:
    1 didn't set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set goals again, and I won't, for at least another week.

My kidney infection has been going on since November 4. All kinds of things have gotten in the way of getting better:
    - tried, ineffectively, to treat what I thought was a UTI for awhile.
    - walk in clinic lost UA sample.
    - Dr on vacation and then booked up; couldn't get appointment for 2 weeks.
    - 2 round of anti-biotics didn't work.

I currently have some hope. I had a renal CAT scan today. I'll see what the results are, and what the Dr. wants to do with it.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I hope they can get to the bottom of your problem, Mamabug. Keep us informed!

I didn't make any goal last week, but I'm ready to give it a go for this week. I am keeping it light however - 4 days of some form of exercise and hope to do some non-stop walking outside for one of those days.

Happy New Year to you all!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made goals.

Thu - 9854 (cleaned house)
        Fri - 8116 (Errands)
        Sat - 6378 (Granddaughter sleepover)
        Sun - 9781 (gift wrapping)
        Mon - 12020 (family xmas dinner and gift exchange)
        Tue - 5740 (quite, restful christmas day)
        Wed - 6553 (trip to store)

I made over 6K steps on 6 out of 7 days and averaged 8635 steps/day.
        I will keep the same goals next week.

Seasha - sounds like a good plan to start back in slowly. Good luck this week

Mamabug - Sorry that you felt so badly over the holidays but maybe the latest testing will allow the doctors to get to the problem. I hope that you feel better soon .

Happy New Year to all .

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Wishing you a speedy recovery from your kidney issue.

Seasha ~ Good luck with your goal this week!

msgijo ~ Terrific job on making your goal!

I was able to accomplish my goals, and I'm very grateful for that.

Daily: Up on feet with rollator 4X a day @ 30 min each (ADL's, chores, etc.) + stretching (various times throughout the day) + 15 in-chair ab crunches

5X during the week: Walked for 30 min with rollator

Wishing everyone good energy and a healthy, peaceful, and Happy New Year!
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I hope they can get to the bottom of your problem, Mamabug. Keep us informed!
            CAT scan is clear, which is good news. Except that my symptoms, although improved, are not gone. So I still have no dx.

Dr will refer me to a urologist.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              CAT scan is clear, which is good news. Except that my symptoms, although improved, are not gone. So I still have no dx.

Dr will refer me to a urologist.
              Mamabug, does this rule out the kidney stones?
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Missed goals

Mamabug, I sure hope they get you a dx quickly, hopefully the urologist will figure it out

Seasha, hope the lighter goals come easier for you this week.

msgijo, great job getting those steps! 👌

KoKo, wonderful week! Hope the extra crunches are routine for you already 👍

My goals for this week were:
                - average over 9,000 steps
                - run 4x
                - do yoga 5 days

I averaged 10,661 steps this week (goal was over 9,000)

I fell short in runs (3, not 4) and yoga (4 days, not 5). I thought that I could do these Wednesday morning but it was a travel day for us and we ended up starting earlier than planned.

Goals for next week are adjusted slightly: 9k step avg., 3 runs, & 4 days of yoga.

Happy New Year, everyone!! Hope you all have a great week.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post

My goals for this week were:
                  - average over 9,000 steps
                  - run 4x
                  - do yoga 5 days

I averaged 10,661 steps this week (goal was over 9,000)

I fell short in runs (3, not 4) and yoga (4 days, not 5).
                  Still...you did a really darn good job, MisterMan!

PS - Yes, the ab crunches fit in nicely, and are now routine.

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                    Mamabug, does this rule out the kidney stones?
                    Yes; it rules out kidney stones.

My doctor's referral is for "Dysuria nocturia"; I think means urinary frequency (or urgency?) at night. It's been 4 or 5 days since I've experienced kidney pain or inability to void. This currently seems my biggest remaining symptom. I'm up 5-6x at night;y usual is 1-2x.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                      Yes; it rules out kidney stones.

My doctor's referral is for "Dysuria nocturia"; I think means urinary frequency (or urgency?) at night. It's been 4 or 5 days since I've experienced kidney pain or inability to void. This currently seems my biggest remaining symptom. I'm up 5-6x at night;y usual is 1-2x.
                      Sounds like there have been some improvements in the last few days, thankfully.

Glad for you that the pain has subsided. Hope it stays gone!

Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Hope you are feeling better soon mamabug.
                        Best of luck in the upcoming week Seasha.
                        Nice job msgijo and koko hitting your mark during Christmas week.
                        Even though you fell short misterman you stayed busy.

Thursday 5134 steps
                        Friday, 4800 steps, ran 4 miles
                        Saturday, 18385 steps
                        Sunday, 13061 steps, AM yoga
                        Monday, 12668 steps, AM yoga
                        Tuesday, 752 steps
                        Wednesday, 14246 steps, trained Jiu Jitsu.

Still having Fitbit charging issues. Been off of work for 2 weeks now and have turned into a lethargic leftover food disposal. Haven't gotten out of bed before 8 at all and gained 6 lbs. Might not sound like a lot but I walk around at 127 so at 133 my jeans are tight.

I fell into the Christmas trap. Christmas is over now. Back on the path. Keep it going y'all.
                        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                          Nice job msgijo and koko hitting your mark during Christmas week.
                          Fortunately, family brought Christmas Eve dinner over to me, so I didn't have to do very much preparing. Plenty of time for exercise goals.

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                          I fell into the Christmas trap. Christmas is over now. Back on the path. Keep it going y'all.
                          I love your decisiveness and determination to change course, and promptly get right back on the path!

Comment

I can't even remeber if I made my goals these past few weeks. It was crazy pet sitting for everyone... but it did help take my mind off things and I only took one day off from going to the gym.

My new goals are

1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                              I can't even remeber if I made my goals these past few weeks. It was crazy pet sitting for everyone... but it did help take my mind off things and I only took one day off from going to the gym.

My new goals are

1. Start to focus more on weight lifting / toning up ( 3/3 days 3 arms and 3 legs with one day off - probably do abs every other day)

2. Make 15000 steps average every day

3.Wake up early on my days off to go to the gym. Sleeping until 9 messes up my schedule on the other days when I have to wake up at 6. NOT planning to get up that early but maybe by 730. That seems like a good starting compromise.

Daisycat ~ Good luck with your new goals!

Comment

Working...
                              X