Gratitude journal for 12/27/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 12/27/18

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Just a need to be grateful in a few words.

A Christmas party.... I even danced a bit if you call awkward moving with background music dancing. Still fun and I didn't care anyhow (all without wine!).

Presents exchanged.... Only one person with whom I give / receive gifts. We were both very happy. It's in the eyes.

Cookies & Christmas dinner... Guess it's meals on wheels in a way. All unexpected and excellent... did I mention a lot of cookies.

Something called Double Cross vodka... impressive almost toooooo smooth. A choice martini on Christmas Eve and another soon.... this New Year's eve.

Vigil Mass on Christmas Eve... A children's rendition of the nativity scene. Doubt I was ever that innocent.

Maintaining discipline... Still at gym or pool which are mostly deserted at this time of year. Guessing that I'm at a plateau or even improving in some ways. Yeah, it's risky to be too optimistic but I really mean it or I would not say it.

And you guys... Thanks for being out there & Happy Healthy 2019!

Comment

Gratitudes for Saturday and Sunday

Saturday

-- Celebrated Christmas with hubby's family at hus parents' home. They prepared German sausage. The rest of us brought side dishes. There were 19 of us. We exchanged "grab bag" gifts and played some games.

Sunday

-- Went out to eat with hubby.
      -- Talked to my dad on the phone.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I won HQ for a third time... yes it was only 80 cents total but it doesn't matter. That game is addictive and I am going to hope for the new car on January 8th...

I am just happy I won 3 times now. I only ever wanted to win once. Its amazing how happy winning a stupid mobile game app can make you...

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

Originally posted by Daisycat

I am just happy I won 3 times now. I only ever wanted to win once. Its amazing how happy winning a stupid mobile game app can make you...
          :-)

Monday -- Attended a New Year's Eve party with friends. We brought snacks and table games.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Super grateful that I had the most stress-free Christmas since I was a kid. I still have money left!! Also, had all of my kids plus their spouses with me for dinner. Doesn't get much better than that.
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Gratitudes for Tuesday

- I've appreciated everyone's gratitude posts these past two weeks. Kathy, Snoopy, Seasha, Koko Daisycat, CatMom. There's just something about this season that brings out being grateful for what we have.

- I appreciate my family. Hubby and son have been good to me while I've not been feeling well. I appreciate my regular phone calls with Dad (age 83). I love 💓 Skypes with my daughter and her family. Those two little grandsons have stolen my heart. I appreciate having hubby's family close by (15 miles) when mine is so far away.

- I've really enjoyed the coziness of my home this season. I've shared some of the following before, but I, literally, appreciate the changes daily. So I wanted to mention it again.
              Hubby, after years of cajoling from me, moved his work stuff out of our den so it doubled as a play room for grandchildren and neighbor children since fall. And at the end of November, also after years of cajoling, he rearranged furniture in the LR and DR and got rid of some unwanted furniture to give us a less cluttered, more attractive and more functional arrangement. It just feels more homey.

- CAT scan from last week was clear. Urologist appointment tomorrow to try to determine source of kidney problem.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
              X