Gratitude Journal for 12/20/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude Journal for 12/20/2018

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

As I wonder how it will all get done by 12/24, grateful that we have family and friends who want to spend their holidays with us.

Grateful that my husband likes to cook and is very good at it. He is cooking the fish Christmas Eve and turkey and ham Christmas day.

Taking clothes to a homeless shelter tomorrow that a former classmate runs. Grateful for the donations family and friends have made of gently worn clothes and new underwear and socks. With a few friends, we have packed the back of an Explorer. Grateful we have enough to share.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

(( Like ))
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

1. Through Facebook, I found a vegan bakery in Wichita that will bake GF. That takes care of both my wheat and dairy issues. They won't bake sugar free, but if I eat Christmas goodies in moderation, I feel okay about occasional sugar.

We ordered some chocolate mint cookies and some orange cranberry scones. It's 30 miles away, but hubby goes there for work frequently.

Except for occasional GF peppernuts (tiny German Christmas cookies, crunchy with anise and other yummy seasonings) which I purchased at a local health food store, I haven't had any other Christmas goodies this year.

I had one after supper today. It was good.

2. Skyped with grandsons recently.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Saturday

Borrowed the DVD for 1964 Mary Poppins from my neighbor and invited a friend over to watch it. Haven't watched it for decades, but I still remembered the words to most of the songs.

It was so good to see it again. Like visiting an old friend.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

This is the first December in I don't know how many years that I have not been triggered and "lost it" mentally, emotionally and gone backwards in all of the healing work I have done. The cause for the trigger in this month has never been known. I am so very grateful that I have healed and have peace. I am truly free now.

Peace and blessings to everyone
            Diagnosed 1984
            “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
              This is the first December in I don't know how many years that I have not been triggered and "lost it" mentally, emotionally and gone backwards in all of the healing work I have done. The cause for the trigger in this month has never been known. I am so very grateful that I have healed and have peace. I am truly free now.

Peace and blessings to everyone
              I, too, am very grateful for the emotional, mental, and spiritual healing that I have acquired up to this point in time (but still with a long way to go).

My healing began many years ago while in recovery from alcoholism.

It takes a lot of effort and patience to feel the results, but the peace of mind, spiritual calm, and emotional balance is well worth the hard work.

Take Care
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                It takes a lot of effort and patience to feel the results, but the peace of mind, spiritual calm, and emotional balance is well worth the hard work.

Take Care
                Amen to this! I too have come a long way. Despite my dad's emotional abuse towards me as a child, a divorce with my first husband who was also abusive, the death of my 2nd husband, and the advent of this disease, with hard work, much soul searching and true friends along the way, my psyche has healed and I am at peace with it all. For this I am truly grateful.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                  Amen to this! I too have come a long way. Despite my dad's emotional abuse towards me as a child, a divorce with my first husband who was also abusive, the death of my 2nd husband, and the advent of this disease, with hard work, much soul searching and true friends along the way, my psyche has healed and I am at peace with it all. For this I am truly grateful.
                  Seasha

Somehow I could sense that you have been through a lot, and have worked to rise above it all, by your compassionate, understanding, and kind personality on these boards.
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks KoKo, that is kind of you to say, but many of us here have also gone through "stuff" - especially if you've lived long enough!
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitudes

Monday -- Christmas Eve
                      - I had a nice evening at home with my husband, my son, and my heating pad. It kept my kidney pain at bay. Since I didn't feel up to attending Christmas Eve service at church, we chose to put on some Christmas music and open gifts, instead of waiting until Christmas day.

- Talked to my dad and his wife on the phone.

Tuesday --Christmas
                      We (me, hubby, son) had a quiet relaxed day.

- Went to a matinee movie. The choice we'd agreed on (we all have fairly different tastes), The Mule, was sold out so we went to Mary Poppins Returns. They'd originally vetoed it. I was thrilled to be able to see it.

- Skyped with grandsons. Little M loved to show us his gifts.

- Hubby's brother stopped by to visit.

- Played Monopoly with hubby and son.

Wednesday
                      - Talked to my sister and brother-in-law on the phone.
                      - Dr's office scheduled appointment for my renal CAT scan tomorrow. Maybe they'll get to the bottom of this and I'll finally feel better!
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                      X