Exercise Check In for 12/20/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check In for 12/20/2018

7 checked in this last week. Good turn out!

GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:
    2 made partial goals.
    2 didn't set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set goals last week.

I will also not set goals this week.

I've had a six-week kidney infection going on. Started November 4.

First I thought it was a UTI, so I wasted two weeks trying to treat it myself. Then, I went to a walk in clinic on a weekend. Had a UA done. Quick UA determined that it didn't look like a UTI, but didn't rule it out for sure. They lost my UA sample, so I didn't get a culture done. My symptoms didn't respond to a short, trial dose of anti-biotic, so UTI was very unlikely.

Then I tried to get into my Dr, but he was gone for a week, and booked solid for the next week. They tried to squeeze me in at the end of that next week. But, by that time, I'd been symptom-free for 4 days, so I thought it was over and I cancelled appointment (big mistake). Symptoms came back. By phone, Dr ordered a UA. It was a kidney infection; called in a rx. Took entire dose; didn't work.

By phone, Dr ordered another UA. Still abnormal; called in a different rx and made appointment. I'm on that now. Went to appt yesterday. We'll see if this anti-biotic works. Doc says there may be something additional going on and might need to do more tests.

Symptoms have varied, increased, receded, etc, etc. Some days feel normal (or, almost); some feel horrific. Nights are often worse than days. Up to use (or try to use) bathroom sometimes 7-8x a night.

I hope I'm better by Christmas.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My goals: walk at least 6K steps on at least 6 days a week OR average 6K steps/day.

Thu. - 6582 (1.5 hours volunteer work)
      Fri. - 8965 (4 hours volunteer work)
      Sat. - 10533 (5 hours volunteer work)
      Sun. - 11492 (laundry)
      Mon - 5831 (day of rest)
      Tue. - 7490 (Doctor, housework)
      Wed. - 8451 (media room @ church)

I walked over 6K steps on 6 days and averaged 7728/steps day. That finished up my volunteer work for this year, but Christmas will add in steps nicely for this week.
      I will keep the same goals.

Mamabug - So sorry that you are having problems getting rid of you 'bug'. Hope that you are feeling much better soon .

Comment

So sorry about your ordeal, Mamabug. No fun at all! Hope these news meds work and your back to feeling better soon!

And great work once again, msgijo!

I failed to reach my goal. We had lots of rain (downpours) and wind so I couldn't get out for my walks. The only thing I accomplished as a way to get in exercise was to babysit 1 day and do grocery shopping.

I have felt so lazy and blah too. IDK - I'll blame it on the dark, the rain, the winds.
        As I type, we are having high winds causing wide range power outages so our generator is running. It's a bit creepy because we have lots of tall old trees surrounding us.

Next week I'm taking a break as we have different holiday get-togethers happening.
        Merry Christmas to all!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Met Goals

Mamabug - I’m sorry that infection is still with you, I hope you shake it soon and get back to your routine!

msgijo - great job on your steps! I like that you have the goal to have over 6k steps for 6 days (and met it!)

Seasha - sorry the weather threw a wrench at your goals, I’ve seen a lot of video from the PNW...you guys are really getting hit hard this week. I hope you don’t have any damage from the high winds!

My goals for last week were to average over 7,000 steps, run 2x, and do yoga 5 days. I added a stretch to get a 3rd run in. I met my goals but not the stretch goal.

I averaged 8,034 steps.

Thu: 5,767 steps (did yoga)
          Fri: 3,780 steps (did yoga)
          Sat: 7,948 steps (ran 2 mi, did yoga)
          Sun: 18,850 steps (did yoga)
          Mon: 8,504 steps (ran 1.5 mi)
          Tue: 5,111 steps (did yoga)
          Wed: 6,283 steps

I’m off next week, so stretching my goals a bit:
          - average over 9,000 steps
          - run 4x
          - do yoga 5 days

Have a great week, everyone!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Wishing you recovery, and very soon!

msgijo ~ Terrific job with averaging 7728 steps per day, and doing your volunteer work!

Seasha ~ I'm sure your holiday preparations will keep you quite active!

MisterMan ~ Wow, you had a fantastic week, with averaging 8034 steps per day, 2 runs, and 5 days of yoga!

Thankfully, I made goals also.

Daily: Up on feet with rollator (chores, ADL's, etc), 4X a day @ 30 min each + stretches + 12 in-chair ab crunches, once per day

5 Days a week : Walk with rollator @ 30 min, once per day

Pleased to report that I have mastered the daily 12 in-chair ab crunches, both in the recliner and also in a firm chair (rollator seat).

So, I will increase the crunches to 15 per day for next week. I believe this is a good exercise for my core strength. I can feel various muscles tighten on my abdomen (front and sides) and on my back too, as I do the crunches.

Wishing everyone Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nice work this week y'all. You'll be back in action soon enough Mamabug, take it easy for now.

My goals are 10k of steps a day and 1 day of BJJ a week.

Thursday: 11182 steps, ran for 2.19 miles
              Friday: 17003 steps
              Saturday: 13325 steps, ran 4.19 miles
              Sunday: 15092 steps
              Monday: 14393
              Tuesday: 13218
              Wednesday: 2175 logged but Fitbit died...trained bjj.

My Fitbit is having problems charging, it's taken like 3 days to charge, next week won't look to good on paper but I'll put in the work.

Although the log is short one day of 10k steps, I'mma call this week good. I'm confident I got the steps Wednesday.

Keep it going.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                My goals are 10k of steps a day and 1 day of BJJ a week.

Thursday: 11182 steps, ran for 2.19 miles
                Friday: 17003 steps
                Saturday: 13325 steps, ran 4.19 miles
                Sunday: 15092 steps
                Monday: 14393
                Tuesday: 13218
                Wednesday: 2175 logged but Fitbit died...trained bjj.
                Marvelous, Boudreaux!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  My Fitbit is having problems charging, it's taken like 3 days to charge, next week won't look to good on paper but I'll put in the work.
                  Maybe change the battery? I thought that I would not be tech savvy enough to do it or that I would lose all data, but when I changed my battery (yeah, all by myself ) it went smoothly AND retained all of my data. Of course I use the Garmin model of Fitbit, but don't imagine that hey are that different.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                    Maybe change the battery? I thought that I would not be tech savvy enough to do it or that I would lose all data, but when I changed my battery (yeah, all by myself ) it went smoothly AND retained all of my data. Of course I use the Garmin model of Fitbit, but don't imagine that hey are that different.

Good luck!
                    The battery can't be changed. Don't want any of that money going to Duracell now for wr.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Working...
                    X