Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 12/20/18

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hi everyone. Sorry for my absence. I was typing up our report when all of a sudden I could not sit up nor walk. I went to the emergency room, was then in the hospital for three days and then to inpatient therapy. I just got home this week. I am now having home health care and therapy. I haven’t had such a major MS attack for years.

Mamabug, thank you so much for keeping things going. I truly appreciate it. I know you are very busy with little or no time to spare.

I had a couple if terrible weeks eating wise while in the hospital. The food was very good with cheese cake which I love on the menu every meal every day. I had been more disciplined since being home until today. I could not resist eating flavored popcorn. Oh well, tomorrow is another day as they say.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Mamabug, that’s a terrific loss. Clearly you will reach whatever goal you wish. Your steady loss of late has been enviable. I know you will get to the exact place you would like to be. Keep fighting the good fight.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this week. I hope everything is o.k.

Msgijo, sorry you gained a couple of pounds but congratulations for being below your goal weight and having such a good BMI. Keep up the good work.

Daisycat, it is good to see you here. Thank you for your kind words. Even though your loss was small this week it is still in the right direction. It is certainly better than a gain. I admire you for going to the gym on a regular basis. It will pay off in more ways than one. Congratulations on the good BMI. Keep up the momentum.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

B]
    SIP BLACK DRAGON[/B]

“Oolong, or ‘black dragon,’ is a kind of Chinese tea that’s packed with catechins, nutrients that help promote weight loss by boosting your body’s ability to metabolize fat. A study in the Chinese Journal of Integrative Medicine found that participants who regularly sipped oolong tea lost a pound a week, without doing anything else to change their diet or exercise habits.” — Kelly Choi, author of The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2 pounds by two members. Congratulations. It is not easy this time of the year. Hang tough until Christmas Day.

Total Gain:

2 pounds by one member. The member is still at a good weight so gain is not catastrophic..

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4161.6 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

lost 1.8 pounds

So glad to see you are back Karen. Thanks for having somebody let us know what was going on.
    Hope that you are back to normal soon .

12/13 - 118.2
    12/20 - 116.4

Still under my desired range but I am certain that I will add on some weight this coming week .

Wishing everyone a merry Christmas .

Comment

What a shame that you had to be in the hospital, Karen! But a hospital with good food--that's really unusual!

Not so great if your aim is weight loss, maybe....

I've stayed at 116 and try to keep in mind that a while back I couldn't get below 120, and now I've actually done that.

Christmas can be a sad time for some people. I hope that coming here brings cheer into the lives of those who need it. At least it's a distraction when troubles are occupying your time and energy.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Stayed the same

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
        Recent weights:
        07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

12/13/18: 122.8 lbs; (BMI 22.3)
        12/06/18: 124.6 lbs

Goal weight was: 121-122 lbs
        New goal weight: between 102 and 127 lbs

I've met my original goal.

My current goal is to stay in the range of a BMI between 18.5 and 23. For me, that would be between 102-127 lbs.
        https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm
        This was part of my post last week. I've decided to narrow my maintenance goal, a little bit.

I'll say that my goal weight is 121 lbs. And, my maintenance goal is to remain within +/- 5 lbs. (116-126 lbs)

I really don't expect to get below 116 lbs anyways. The last time I was in the 117-119 lb range was very briefly in 2011. I haven't seen 116 since before my second pregnancy, in 1990.

So, I'm currently within my maintenance goal:
        Recent weights:
        12/13/18: 122.8 lbs (BMI 22.3)
        12/20/18: 122.8 lbs
        And, to get down to a BMI of 22.0 (which I'd feel better about), I need to drop 1.4 lbs to 121.4 lbs.
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Catching Up

My weight on yesterday was 127.5 which is 1.5 over the last time I weighed in. All of that good hospital food did me in. I will try my best to lose at least half a pound but it is tough with the Holidays and all the extra goodies around. Good luck to everyone

Comment

Working...
          X