Rustling sound in ear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rustling sound in ear

For the past two days I have had a weird periodic rustling sound in my right ear and was wondering if anyone else had something like this before. I did go to the urgent care on Saturday to make sure there was nothing in my ear (like a bug) or an ear infection of some kind and was told my ear was clear. I really think it might my some type of nerve symptom because it is periodic. I do have atypical trigeminal neuralgia and also some 9th cranial nerve neuralgia and I suspect this might be a 9th cranial nerve thing.

I think I have experienced what you describe and as part of a flare, had trigeminal neuralgia. I have also experienced what sounds like music playing at a very low volume. I have searched the whole house, from attic to basement, checked all devices, but never a source. It is so low that I can't tell the song or words. Drives me nuts. Thankfully, only happens infrequently.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by football-mom View Post
      For the past two days I have had a weird periodic rustling sound in my right ear and was wondering if anyone else had something like this before. I did go to the urgent care on Saturday to make sure there was nothing in my ear (like a bug) or an ear infection of some kind and was told my ear was clear. I really think it might my some type of nerve symptom because it is periodic. I do have atypical trigeminal neuralgia and also some 9th cranial nerve neuralgia and I suspect this might be a 9th cranial nerve thing.
      football-mom

I have experienced periodic static-like noises in my ear, which mostly happens when there is a sudden loud noise.

Doesn't happen often enough to really bother me, or to seek any medical attention, though.

Possibly could be nerve related, I would guess.

Always some sort of weird things with MS!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
      X