Weight Loss Check In Group Weigh In for 12/13/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss Check In Group Weigh In for 12/13/2018

I still haven't heard any updates on Karen, but I assume that she is still unavailable to start a thread. It sounded like she would be in a rehab facility for a couple of weeks.

4 of us checked in. We lost 0.4 lbs this week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Weight is 108 so I only lost 0.20 pounds but I didn't work out much last week and am 99% sure I am about to start my period which always adds a little weight for me. So hopefully it will even out by next week.

Goal is still 100

Comment

Lost 1.8 lbs

Recent weights:
      07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

12/13/18: 122.8 lbs; (BMI 22.3)
      12/06/18: 124.6 lbs

Goal weight was: 121-122 lbs
      New goal weight: between 102 and 127 lbs

I've met my original goal.

My current goal is to stay in the range of a BMI between 18.5 and 23. For me, that would be between 102-127 lbs.
      https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

That's a pretty big range, and I don't expect to be able to get very close to the lower end of it. I weighed 105 pounds when I got married in 1984 -- 34 years ago.

But, it helps me to know what range the charts say that I "should" be in. I hope my weight continues to drop a bit. And I certainly don't want to inch any closer than that to the "Overweight" range than a BMI of 23 (actually, I'd prefer BMI 22 or less and I'm almost there), but this gives me some flexibility.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Goal weight 120 pounds (+/- 1 pound).

12/6 116.2
        12/13 118.2

I gained 2 pounds . Still below my goal range, but I didn't feel up to doing much this past week and forced myself to eat. My BMI was 20.3, so that is good.

Mamabug - YAY YOU! ! Congrats to you .
        I suppose that after the 1st of the year I will reset my goals to better reflect my weights - I hate reporting a gain (which I am happy with) as it brings down the amount of weight we lose each week. Maybe, like you, I will just increase my band? In any event GREAT LOSS !

Daisycat - Great loss ! You are likely correct in that less exercise added to your period prevented you from losing more weight this week. Hope that next week is better for you .

Comment

Hi everyone. I am back. So sorry about my absence. I was typing the weekly report when all of sudden I could not sit up let alone walk. My daughter in law was home and got me to the hospital where I was admitted. I was in the hospital for three days and then sent to rehab and was there until now. I am currently having home health care. I could not get out of bed this a.m. without assistance. It is all very unnerving. I pray that I can gain some strength in the next couple of days. At least i can do some typing which was a real problem when I initially collapsed.

Mamabug, thank you so much for starting the weekly reporting. I have not had access to a computer until now. I am having home health care which is a godsend. I just hope I improve over the next week. I am counting on it.

I am truly ashamed. I have gained weight disgracefully. I now weigh 131.5 which is 5.5 pounds over my last reporting. This is more weight than I have had since my initial weight loss. I will try my best to lose a pound this week.

Congratulations who all who have lost and those who continue to fight the good fight. Karen

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
            Hi everyone. I am back. So sorry about my absence. I was typing the weekly report when all of sudden I could not sit up let alone walk. My daughter in law was home and got me to the hospital where I was admitted. I was in the hospital for three days and then sent to rehab and was there until now. I am currently having home health care. I could not get out of bed this a.m. without assistance. It is all very unnerving. I pray that I can gain some strength in the next couple of days. At least i can do some typing which was a real problem when I initially collapsed.

Mamabug, thank you so much for starting the weekly reporting. I have not had access to a computer until now. I am having home health care which is a godsend. I just hope I improve over the next week. I am counting on it.

I am truly ashamed. I have gained weight disgracefully. I now weigh 131.5 which is 5.5 pounds over my last reporting. This is more weight than I have had since my initial weight loss. I will try my best to lose a pound this week.

Congratulations who all who have lost and those who continue to fight the good fight. Karen

I am glad you are back Karen. This thread has helped me keep motivated. Some days I want to be lazy and thinking about this thread motivates me to stay at the gum for another 30 minutes (some days only 5)... but I like having goals to focus on and this thread has given me that.

I hope you get to feeling better and I do not think you should be ashamed. It sounds like you have been through a lot and you are still doing a great job and fighting every day. Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
              Hi everyone. I am back. So sorry about my absence...

I'm so glad you're back, Karen. Sorry that MS was picking on you. Thanks for having someone post to let us know what was going on.

You're welcome for starting threads for a few weeks. I definitely did a "shortcut" version.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
              X