Exercise Check-in for 12/13/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exercise Check-in for 12/13/2018

8 checked in this last week. Good turn out!

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    2 missed goals
    Other:
    2 made partial goals.

And we want to welcome a new member, who reported and set goals for next week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 12-13-2018, 01:48 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

My wife and I traveled to Atlanta on Friday and came home Saturday. It was a break from my routine so my schedule was a little different. I was also having charging/battery life issues with my FITBIT but I think it's worked out now. I'll report the data anyway.

My goals are 10K steps a day and 1 night a week of Jiu-Jitsu

Thurs - 9,875 Steps
    Fri - 6,529 Steps
    Sat - 374 Steps
    Sun - 38 Steps
    Mon - 6,237 Steps- Ran 3 miles- Trained Jiu Jitsu
    Tues - 6,875 Steps- Ran 3 miles
    Wed - 16,589 Steps- Ran 2.5 miles

Fell short but as stated was having technical difficulties. I've incorporated running into my training plan and hope I can keep it up.

Keep it going.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Did not make goal

I didn't even come close. My symptoms came back, and I just have really done very little this week, of anything. I don't have physical energy or emotional motivation.

I got over 2000 steps on only one day, so I was far from averaging that. It was on Sunday, when we attended a Holiday Home Tour that featured 4 homes in the community (mostly historic homes), decorated for Christmas and each with a mini-concert by quality local musicians. There was a lot of walking involved.

I'm not going to set goals for next week. I'm deciding that that's good news. It's good to decide that it's OK to give myself grace, especially while there are busy things going on around the holiday season, too, that drain the energy that I might need for exercising.

I am now on an anti-biotic, so, by the following week, hopefully, I'll feel up to exercising again.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

So now that my arm feels better I am going to try to get back to my goals

15000 steps on my days off and 20000 on the days I work
        Run for 10 minutes - did this once so far but I want to have it more consistent
        Do arm/leg work outs 4 days a week ( 2 days of each)

Lets hope we all reach our goals this week.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear you are under the weather, Mamabug. It's good you will take a break and concentrate on healing and getting rested up!

I had a really good week - for me. I helped babysit two mornings - we took our granddaughter to the children's museum and did a lot of walking there. In addition, I managed to do the 600 steps around our circular drive on two days.

Did some housework and went to yoga class.. I always forget to mention that.
          I spent a lot of time on my feet cooking up Christmas goodies. It felt like exercise!

Glad your arm is better, Daisy and great workout, Boudreaux despite tech problems.

Keep on moving and have a great week everyone!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Goals are 6K steps on at least 6 days each week OR an average of 6K steps daily. I made a paricial goal.

Thu - 8022 (1.5 hrs. volunteer work)
            Fri - 5684 (sick with cold)
            Sat - 5514 (still sick)
            Sun - 6110 (went to store for OJ, 0.5 hrs volunteer work)
            Mon - 7216 (1 hr. volunteer work)
            Tue - 7868 (DH to doctor appointment and 2 hr. volunteer work)
            Wed - 3866 (SICK!)

I missed my daily goal on 3 days but I did manage to meet my daily average with 6326 steps/day. I will keep the same goals next week.
            I have felt really bad all week, but this is unfortunately my main volunteer week. i am feeling a little better today, but will have to get out in the rain tomorrow . If I can make it thru Saturday then I can 'relax' next week as I finish up with Christmas duties .

Daisycat - Great week ! Keep pushing and I am sure that you will make your goals next week .

Mamabug - Sorry to hear that you are feeling bad again, but Great that you have finally started on medicine to correct the problem . Hope that you feel better soon .

Boudreaux - Great week, when you consider the problems that you have encountered this week with meeting your goals. Don't give up, as I am sure that next week will be much better for you .

Hope that all have the energy to meet your goals for next week!

Comment

Seasha - Great week ! Sounds like you had a pleasant week with grandchildren. They always make the holidays magical again .

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ Hope the antibiotic takes care of what's 'bugging' you, and you feel better soon!

Boudreaux ~ Great effort - good luck next week!

Daisycat ~ Glad to learn that your arm is feeling better. Good luck with your goals!

Seasha~ Good for you that your week went well, with a lot of activities and 2 walks outside!

msgijo ~ Great effort with your activities and steps, in spite of being sick! Hope you're better soon.

I had a good week and thankfully made goals.

Daily: Up on feet with rollator 4X a day, @ 30 min each & Stretches & 12 in-chair ab crunches

5X during the week: Walked with rollator for 30 min each

Wishing good energy and strength to all!
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Nice work everyone.

This time of the year manages to shift my priorities, I'm back up to a lot of people and the last minute "hey can you run to the store" guy. Inevitably someone's always sick so whether I'm nursing a cold or having to stop and pick up prescriptions when I'm already late for whatever is just standard operations for the holidays. I do what I can when I can and keep going....for that is the key.

Hope you guys are feeling well in the coming days and Keep it Going.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    Nice work everyone.

This time of the year manages to shift my priorities, I'm back up to a lot of people and the last minute "hey can you run to the store" guy. Inevitably someone's always sick so whether I'm nursing a cold or having to stop and pick up prescriptions when I'm already late for whatever is just standard operations for the holidays. I do what I can when I can and keep going....for that is the key.

Hope you guys are feeling well in the coming days and Keep it Going.
                    Boudreaux ~ Go-Fer guys can be pretty darn active and expend a lot of energy!

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    I do what I can when I can and keep going....for that is the key.
                    Absolutely!
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Partial Goals

Hi everyone,

Late check-in. My goals for last week were to average over 7,000 steps, run 2x, and do yoga 5 days.

I averaged 7,181 steps but work took more of my time than I anticipated.

I got in 4 days of yoga, short just one day.

I didn’t go for any runs though. I usually run early morning (5 or so - it’s brisk, peaceful, quiet and beautiful as the sun starts to break) but this week my workdays began early and I didn’t anticipate it continuing through the 13th, otherwise I could have made up for it on the weekend.

I am keeping the same goals for this week though, and I’m back on track. My stretch goal is to get a 3rd run in.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                        My goals for last week were to average over 7,000 steps, run 2x, and do yoga 5 days.

I averaged 7,181 steps but work took more of my time than I anticipated.

I got in 4 days of yoga, short just one day.
                        Terrific effort MisterMan.

Good luck on getting a couple of runs in.

Comment

Working...
                        X