Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First dose of Ocrevus next week; so nervous! Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First dose of Ocrevus next week; so nervous! Questions...

Just got the call; my first dose is next Monday! My Dr. said to take Claritin 10mg. the night before and then again the morning before the infusion. I keep reading about people taking Benadryl; is the Claritin in place of any Benadryl they might give me there? Also, I have to take Zantac 75mg. the night before and morning of.

I'm just so nervous not knowing how it will be. I did read many of the posts here and it seems there are more good outcomes than not, so I'll try to be positive! They told me to bring any snacks, lunch, drinks if I want; are you able to get up and move around during the infusion? I can't imagine just sitting there for 5 hours! I'll bring my iPad and phone and they have wifi and tv there as well, so I guess I'll pass the time.

Thanks for any info!

Originally posted by Jillmich View Post
    Just got the call; my first dose is next Monday! My Dr. said to take Claritin 10mg. the night before and then again the morning before the infusion. I keep reading about people taking Benadryl; is the Claritin in place of any Benadryl they might give me there? Also, I have to take Zantac 75mg. the night before and morning of.

I'm just so nervous not knowing how it will be. I did read many of the posts here and it seems there are more good outcomes than not, so I'll try to be positive! They told me to bring any snacks, lunch, drinks if I want; are you able to get up and move around during the infusion? I can't imagine just sitting there for 5 hours! I'll bring my iPad and phone and they have wifi and tv there as well, so I guess I'll pass the time.

Thanks for any info!
    Hi Jillmich

Just want to wish you good luck with your Ocrevus infusion on Monday!

I have no experience to share, but have read positive posts about the infusion also.

Let us know how it goes.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hi jillmich. It wasn’t the funist thing I’ve ever done by any means but it was no big deal either. The pills kinda make you sleepy so you’re pretty content just to sit other than going to the washroom and you can take the IV with you. I had a breakfast sandwich while getting it. I was nervous too. I’m still nervous about it but for me it was the only thing ever offered, so I took it. I think it’s helped me so far. Good luck.
      It was one agains't 2.5million toughest one we ever fought.

Comment

Hello Jillmich, I started on Ocrevus June 2017. I've had no problem with the infusion. I have been tired after ea infusion probably from the Benadryl and sitting for 5.5 hrs. You can go the bathroom.

I wish my infusion room had tv's. that would really past the time. I usually sleep a lot or read and I take my iPad to play games.

Be sure to stay hydrated.

Wishing you the best.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
        X