Skating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skating

So I played hockey competitively for 20+ years and I tried today. I see improvements since last winter but nowhere near where I used to be.

its encouraging that there is still a tiny shred of ability left to work with, it’s gonna take a lot of practice and pretty much learning to skate again.

walking, running came back so why not skating with constant practice. I’m determined to retrieve my skating abilities back maybe not back to what it used to be but at least liesurely skate comfortably and maybe participate in a game of shinny. But it will take a lot of practice.

i miss skating dearly.

I would think it would come back in time. It is such a great exercise too. Some of my fondest memories as a little girl were related to my Dad teaching us to skate on a local pond. I never mastered backwards - can only at a slow pace.

Neither my husband nor I have skated in quite a few years. Just the other day, we were talking about going this winter. We figure it will be good for laughs. Will let you know if we do.

Do you have any former teammates you can work with? It might make it more fun. Flyers fan here. Do you have a favorite NHL team?

Lots of luck.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Comfor

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
      I would think it would come back in time. It is such a great exercise too. Some of my fondest memories as a little girl were related to my Dad teaching us to skate on a local pond. I never mastered backwards - can only at a slow pace.

Neither my husband nor I have skated in quite a few years. Just the other day, we were talking about going this winter. We figure it will be good for laughs. Will let you know if we do.

Do you have any former teammates you can work with? It might make it more fun. Flyers fan here. Do you have a favorite NHL team?

Lots of luck.
      seems like skating will take a little while to get most of it back, but after today it feels like there’s enough to work with to get it back to where I feel better about it. From wheelchair to walker, then cane and last accomplishment I am targeting is getting my skating back.

i do have a team! I live in Calgary Alberta Canada so I’m a loyal flames fan. Love going to the games when I can afford it. Next year is gonna be a good year with a full time job and get my feet on the ground.

Comment

Working...
      X