Weight loss Check-in Group: Weigh in for 12/06/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight loss Check-in Group: Weigh in for 12/06/18

I haven't heard any updates on Karen, but I assume that she is still unavailable to start a thread. Last week, it sounded like she would be in a rehab facility for a couple of weeks.

I don't usually have the motivation, even on my Exercise threads, to make individual comments about each poster. I always appreciate that when others step in and do that.

If anyone wants to pick up Karen's usual cheer-leading, please feel free to do that. I miss her.

If any of you are interested in a BMI calculator, it requires you to enter only your height and weight. Here's a link to a BMI calculator: https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/edu...MI/bmicalc.htm

A healthy BMI falls in the 18.5-24.9 range
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Recent weights:
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

11/29/18: 125.0 lbs
    12/06/18: 124.6 lbs

Goal weight: 121-122 lbs
    My BMI is already in a "healthy" range.
    121 would put my BMI at 22.1, which is even a little bit better.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 12-06-2018, 11:06 PM.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gained 0.8 pounds. Not quite staying the same, but I have cut back on the amount that I ate last week.

11/30 - 117.0
      12/6 - 116.2

Mamabug - Nice loss ! I am still impressed that you continue to lose weight, week after week. I applaud the determination that you have to reach your goal weight .

I told my daughter about your splurge method to get out of a plateau, but she is stuck on the diet to death method of losing weight .

BTW thanks for the link to a BMI calculator. Mine was 19.9, so that is good. It was interesting to me the way that it broke the BMI results down into weight categories. While I knew that being overweight caused the BMI to increase I had never thought that it also showed bring UNDERWEIGHT.
      THAT is what caught my interest, as I fear that I get too underweight with my Thyroid problems.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
        Mamabug - Nice loss ! I am still impressed that you continue to lose weight, week after week. I applaud the determination that you have to reach your goal weight :thumbs_up.
        Thanks. In 2010-2011, I was obese and lost 60 lbs. I went from 180 lbs (size 22) to 120 libs ( size 6). I know I've shared this before, but there might be new members.

At 136 lbs, I was very close to being overweight again, and I probably was slightly over that at times. I tried to lose those extra pounds for four years (weight that came on cuz of steroids), without success.

I'm so grateful that the dietary changes I've made with my functional medicine doctor have also contributed to weight loss.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Current weight 108.2
          Goal 100
          So almost there... it is just slowing down and it is very annoying

Comment

The scale is showing 116, meaning that I've lost a pound. I haven't seen this number there in some years.

A few more pounds to go.

Thank you for posting the link to the BMI calculator, Faith. Mine is at 23.4.

Daisycat, congratulations! You'll get there, I'm sure. Just 8 more pounds to go. I'd be happier if I could lose 8 pounds too. I was at 108 some years ago. Are you fairly short, Daisycat?
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

I should have posted my BMI. It's 22.6.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I’m very short. I’m barely 5 feet. Depending on who you ask maybe not even that.

Comment

Working...
                X