GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:
    1 made partial goals.
    1 did not set goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

- I almost made it. I was close in my steps per day. And, I exercised 4x.

Thurs - 2183 steps, Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 2185 steps, Recumbent bike at the Wellness Center
    Sat - 1656 steps
    Sun - 1793 steps
    Mon - 1960 steps
    Tues - 1732 steps, PT exercises
    Wed - 2183 steps, 2 two-block walks

Total steps = 13.692 steps. Average: 1956 steps per day
    Total exercise days = 4

Next week:. Same goals
    Last edited by Mamabug; 12-06-2018, 12:46 PM.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Glad you're feeling better Mamabug, you'll get there.

My goal are 10K steps a day and at least 1 night a week of Jiu Jitsu...

Thurs - 16,542 Steps- Ran 2 miles
      Fri - 10,309 Steps
      Sat - 35,780 Steps
      Sun - 37,092 Steps
      Mon - 27,634 Steps
      Tues - 14,564 Steps- Ran 3 miles
      Wed - 10,912 Steps- Ran 1.5 miles- Trained Jiu Jitsu

I am please with my performance this week y'all. Hope you all did well.

Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Great job Mamabug and Boudreaux!

I didn't make my goal this past week. I guess I did a partial goal anyway. I was doing good until Tues and Wed. when we had unexpected company come to our house for a visit. Before that I had walked 1 time - 3 circuits in driveway (600 steps, helped babysit 2x and went grocery shopping).

Will try for 5 days again of some form of exercise - this includes 2 days of walking the driveway.

Hope everyone feels energized with exercising this week- according to your abilities!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made partial goals

Mamabug, you had a good week! Lots of steps, even if you finished just shy of your goal.

Boudreaux, wow! You really went the distance this week!!

Seasha, just one walk away but still active 😊

I reset my goals after a few weeks of smoke here and then driving long distance for Thanksgiving. Going to build back up into January.

My goals for this week were over 7000 steps on avg, 2 runs, and 5 days of yoga.

My steps averaged 8,159.
          I ran 1x for a couple of miles. Short one run.
          I did yoga 4x. Short one day of yoga.

Keeping the same goals for this week.

Have a great week everyone!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Looks like praiseworthy efforts from each one of our group members!

Thankfully, I made goals also.

Up on feet (with rollator) for 30 min, 4X everyday, doing ADL's, chores, etc.

Walked (with rollator) for 30 min, 5X during the week.

Stretches done at various times during the day, everyday.

10 in-chair ab crunches, done 5X during the week.

I do the crunches in my recliner chair, and discovered that if I power the back of the chair forward (just a tad bit), the crunches are easier. Conversely, if I power the back of the chair backwards somewhat, the crunches are more difficult.

My goal for our next check-in will be to do 12 crunches, every day, in the slightly easier position. I can still feel my lower ab muscles tighten in this position so I know that it is beneficial.

If I can master the 12 crunches in this position, everyday, for awhile, I can then power the back of the chair backwards some for more challenging crunches - and on and on (hopefully).

Wishing everyone good energy!
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goals.

I walked over 6K every day and averaged 8098 steps/day. Having to take my new dog out on a leash several times each day helped with the step count. Otherwise the only thing of note that I did was cleaning floors (4 in one day) and general housework. I should have worked on the exercise equipment this week, but I didn't .

I will keep same goals next week - 6,000 steps on at least 6 days or an average of 6,000 steps/daily.

KoKo - Great week ! Good luck on the increased crunches.

MisterMan - Great week ! You were so close that I predict that you will meet your goals this week .

Seasha - Great week ! Without company I believe that you would have made your goals. I thought about you the day I worked on floors, lol. Good luck this week

Boudreaux - Awesome week ! I feel that I am lucky in that I can almost meet my goal by simply taking care of the dogs, cats and chickens, so it means a lot to me to see someone who takes so many steps just to take steps . Keep it up!

Mamabug - Great week ! So very close to your goals - you must be proud of coming so close after being under the weather. Glad to see that you are feeling so much better .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                Made goals.

I walked over 6K every day and averaged 8098 steps/day. Having to take my new dog out on a leash several times each day helped with the step count. Otherwise the only thing of note that I did was cleaning floors (4 in one day) and general housework. I should have worked on the exercise equipment this week, but I didn't .

I will keep same goals next week - 6,000 steps on at least 6 days or an average of 6,000 steps/daily.
                msgijo~ General housework, floor cleaning, animal care, (with over 6K steps per day) - your efforts are praiseworthy also!
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

1. Get to 20,000 steps on days I work and 12,000 on days I don't. ( I usually get 10,000 at a normal day at work so that is why it is so high)
                  2. Work out arms/legs at least 2 times each
                  3.Run for 10 minutes without running out of breath ( at 7ish) minutes right now)

So I made most of these last week. I have failed this week. My new tattoo is killing my arm so I am taking a few days off from working out.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                    1. Get to 20,000 steps on days I work and 12,000 on days I don't. ( I usually get 10,000 at a normal day at work so that is why it is so high)
                    2. Work out arms/legs at least 2 times each
                    3.Run for 10 minutes without running out of breath ( at 7ish) minutes right now)

So I made most of these last week. I have failed this week. My new tattoo is killing my arm so I am taking a few days off from working out.
                    Daisycat ~

Hope your arm recovers soon and the pain subsides.

Comment

First time checking in

This is my first time checking in, not sure how it works but here’s wat I have been doing this week:

Monday: 5:40 AM
                      Warmup:
                      Stretches for 5-10 mins on hamstrings, calf’s, hips, quads. Then:
                      mon- treadmill, 20 mins at %75 effort
                      smith machine bench press: 185lbs 12 reps, 4 sets
                      pushups 15-20 x3
                      incline bench sit ups with overhead 20lb barbell hold for 3 sec Halfway thru motion for 3-4
                      resistence pec dec 25 lbs 20 reps x 3 sets
                      pull ups x 8-6-6

Tuesday 5:30am
                      warmup:
                      stretching
                      treadmill 20 min running at %75 warmup
                      Sitting bicep curl 50lbs x 12 4 sets both arms
                      Seated preacher curl bench
                      105lbs x 12 x 4 sets
                      Hammer curl
                      45lbs x10 each side 3sets
                      35 x10 each side 3 sets
                      30 x10 each side 3 sets
                      25 x10 each side 3 sets

Wednesday 5:30 AM
                      warmup stretch + run
                      60 lbs uptight dumbbell row x12 4sets.
                      seated row 95lbs at 12 reps x 4 sets to fail
                      20 incline sit ups with barbell in 3-4 reps x 2-3 sets.

thats my usual workout but want to introduce dead lift and squats + some more variety with legs.

i also want to make this a 4-5 a day weekly routine as a integral part of my warpath 💪

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        Daisycat ~

Hope your arm recovers soon and the pain subsides.

Thank you... I’m not sure why this one is so bad, but at least it’s cold so I can keep it covered and not worry about it getting hit at work

Comment

Fantastic workout, Ant and glad to have you be a part of our group!

Basically, Mamabug puts up a new thread every Thurs. and we then reply to that thread how our previous week went - whether we made our self appointed goals or not. We then set either the same goal for the next week or keep the same. Sometimes we modify our goal depending on how we are feeling. It's all good!
                          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Ok I get it

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                            Fantastic workout, Ant and glad to have you be a part of our group!

Basically, Mamabug puts up a new thread every Thurs. and we then reply to that thread how our previous week went - whether we made our self appointed goals or not. We then set either the same goal for the next week or keep the same. Sometimes we modify our goal depending on how we are feeling. It's all good!
                            Ok thx seasha, simple enough.
                            I always say I need a break but won’t let myself give into weakness whispering in my ear, no excuses but I’ll know wen I need a real break I’m sure I’ll feel it. But I have an adundance if energy and confidence is on the rise in a huge way, it’s beaming from me.

look forward to where this leads me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1981 View Post
                              Ok thx seasha, simple enough.
                              I always say I need a break but won’t let myself give into weakness whispering in my ear, no excuses but I’ll know wen I need a real break I’m sure I’ll feel it. But I have an adundance if energy and confidence is on the rise in a huge way, it’s beaming from me.

look forward to where this leads me.
                              Welcome to the group Ant!

Good luck with your goals!

Comment

Working...
                              X