X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see you hear Ant.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I am going to modify my goal for this week...
      10,000 steps a day
      Work out my legs 4 times a week

Hopefully by next week my arm won't feel like I carried a 80 pound dog by myself. So next week I will go back to my regular goals. Not enjoying having to take time off from working out , but I knew this was a risk so I did it to myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
        I am going to modify my goal for this week...
        10,000 steps a day
        Work out my legs 4 times a week

Hopefully by next week my arm won't feel like I carried a 80 pound dog by myself. So next week I will go back to my regular goals. Not enjoying having to take time off from working out , but I knew this was a risk so I did it to myself.
        Daisycat ~

I think that temporarily modifying your goal is a very wise move.

You will still be active and moving your body, which is the important thing.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Fantastic workout, Ant and glad to have you be a part of our group!

Basically, Mamabug puts up a new thread every Thurs. and we then reply to that thread how our previous week went - whether we made our self appointed goals or not. We then set either the same goal for the next week or keep the same. Sometimes we modify our goal depending on how we are feeling. It's all good!
          Welcome Ant! Yup; what Seasha said.
          This is what I like to see in your weekly posts:
          - Tell us if you made your goal or not.
          - Report on what you did.
          - Tell us next week's goal.
          We often keep the same goal from week to week. But, it's OK to modify it. Either temporarily or more long-term. Either because you have a busy week ahead, or you're feeling under the weather, or because you want to increase it, etc. Some weeks, we even choose to take a break from exercising.

We're a pretty supportive group. KoKo is one of our biggest cheerleaders.

I often neglect to go back and comment on others' successes, or encourage when others are facing additional challenges. But, some of our group is pretty good at being there for us. We're not here to judge each others' successes or motivation, but just to support each other in our efforts, wherever we are in our abilities. We vary a lot in terms of what we are able to accomplish.
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X