Gratitude journal for 12/06/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 12/06/18

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Kinda ironic to be posting this here but I'm grateful for my health and level of mobility at the time. Understanding what the possibilities could be, I'm thankful for my current circumstances.

This time of the year seems to get hectic but Christmas gives us plenty to be thankful for...pumpkin pie is one of the small things that comes to mind.
    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I agree with you Boudreaux about being thankful for current circumstances. I had a very busy and active life before this disease slowed me to a snails pace, but I am thankful for the time with my husband and family. I am thankful for the request to bake the pumpkin pies.

Comment

Holidays always make me think of people:
        1. Grateful for family and friends who love and support me, but also give me the kick I sometimes need when veering off track.
        2. With the help of family, friends, medical team, and people here, grateful that I have learned to live with MS, making room for it in my life, as just another part of it. Like other parts of life, it can challenge me, disappoint me, but most times, reinforces the need to slow down and appreciate the important things in life.
        3. Grateful for family traditions that started with my deceased parents, but continue today, with their grandkids and great grandkids looking forward to them. Saturday is our 33rd annual cookie day - rolling out and decorating sugar cookies, painting wood ornaments and glass balls. Best part - since I have trouble rolling after a few trays, others roll for me - I get to do the fun part and decorate. And of course, for the adults, wine!

There is always something to be grateful for - some days easier than others to see. But if we look, we can find it.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Gratitudes for Friday. -- what an awesome time of year!

1. I just love reading other gratitudes this t8me of year. Especially, sometimes, the simplicity of them. It's so cool that it doesn't need to be big things we are grateful -- sometimes it's the small things we are thankful for.

2. Annual Christmas "Holiday of Lights" parade in our community yesterday evening. I am grateful that, in a cold evening, we found an indoor place to watch them from. And I'm grateful that hubbyBess willing, without me begging him, to go with me.

3. Christmas movies, Christmas music 🎶 , my grandson talking about "socks" Christmas stockings hanging up (on Skype).
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gratitudes for Sunday

Attended the Charles Olsen Holiday Home tour. It's an annual fundraiser that's been going on for 50 years. It raises money to offer scholarships for private music lessons for deserving high school students.

The home tour features four local homes (often historic homes, sometimes modern), decked out for the holidays, each hosting a mini concert of holiday music.

I've lived in this community for 29 years. The first time I heard of this event was 11-14 years ago, when my daughter was part of one of the music groups featured. The first, second and third flute chairs of HS Wind Ensemble Band (all three good friends from prior to kindergarten) played a flute trio of holiday music. They were also all some of the recipients of the scholarship award some or all of their HS years..

Since then, I've attended almost every year.

The homes are so festive. And the holiday music performances are quality music from some of the best of local musicians.

I really enjoyed it, on spite of being physically tired after the busy afternoon.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I was able to work out again today.

Ive missed it so much

Comment

I ran for 12 minutes with no problem. I think I could have gone longer but the treadmill at the gym at my apartment is possessed and likes to change the incline to random things and it was getting annoying to have to keep changing it back to what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
                X