Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting copaxone

Hi all.

Can any past copaxone users please tell me how they are doing post copaxone?

I have been taking it for years but I am on Medicare and I can't afford the copays.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Eileen

Originally posted by Leenyi View Post
    Hi all.

Can any past copaxone users please tell me how they are doing post copaxone?

I have been taking it for years but I am on Medicare and I can't afford the copays.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Eileen
    I’m not on Copaxone, but I am on Medicare. Did you realize you can switch to an infusion (Tysabri, Ocrevus, or Lemtrada), and with a good Supplemental plan pay $0 copay? My total monthly medical bill is $285. That’s it!

Comment

Thanks ru4cats.

Yeah I did finally realize that all of the infusions are under part b so my original medicare along with a medigap policy would cover most of the costs. I just didn't want to switch from the copaxone since its easy and seems to be working.

Comment

It really makes me angry the games people have to play to get coverage for a chronic disease or really any disease, to be frank.

However, I am on Tysabri, and I have gone from a medical bill of $13000 a year under private insurance to $3000 under Medicare. I have moved to extended infusions, so I'm getting one stick every 49 days, and other than that, I live my life. It's great!

Comment

copay assistance

The drug companies, Teva, Biogen, Genentech, have copay assist programs that cover most of what any insurance doesn't. The hospital submitted a $62,000 charge for my most recent Ocrevus infusion; BlueCross covered $57,000 and the drug copay card $5,000. Net out of pocket less than $100.

Comment

Originally posted by caldred View Post
            The drug companies, Teva, Biogen, Genentech, have copay assist programs that cover most of what any insurance doesn't. The hospital submitted a $62,000 charge for my most recent Ocrevus infusion; BlueCross covered $57,000 and the drug copay card $5,000. Net out of pocket less than $100.
            It is a federal law that copay assistance is not allowed with Medicare.

Comment

Thanks for all you're responses. The whole thing is so non transparent, expensive and stupid.

Dealing with all this carp is more annoying than the ms!

Comment

Hi all.

Today was a great new years!

I was rushing around trying to get ready for a new years spaghetti dinner for my son's, their wives and my 4 grandkids age 2 to 12, when I got a text from the Pam Foundation saying that they had funds available for my copaxone.
                I banged out an application after our meal and was granted a $5800 rant to cover my out of pocket costs for 2019!

I am so happy and relieved! It was a great day!!

Happy New year's everyone!!
                Ei

Comment

Such great news! Did you mean to say the PAN foundation? I had never heard of it before, but sounds like another wonderful resource for assistance for pwMS and other diseases.

https://panfoundation.org/index.php/...iple-sclerosis

So happy for you and Happy New Year!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you Sasha!

I did mean the Pan foundation.
                    I am just so happy. I have really been worried. I couldn't believe it when they offered me the grant!

Family, food, grant! Best new years ever!

Comment

Working...
                    X